Interest in starting a Mystical Cats Tarot study group?

Onaorkal

****EDIT****

I want to let everyone know that I have not abandoned this study group!!!

I simply took a break during the month of June and intended to continue in July... Alas we learned then of the forum closing soon.

But! I will continue over at Tarot, Tea & Me :

https://www.littlefangtarot.com/forum/index.php

I will copy-paste everything and go on from there!

Thanks for everyone who read what I've written over the months and for the ones who commented, I really love doing this! :) See ya!

Hey! :)

I'm finally going to get the Mystical Cats Tarot deck I ordered through a store on Saturday and I can't wait to start study it and using it.

I thought it was a somewhat popular deck - for a cute/light deck (had a fairly good rating on Aeclectic) and I was sad to see there wasn't any study group for it.

So I'm asking now : would there be an interest for a study group? Let me know!

empress's dress

Hey! :)

I'm finally going to get the Mystical Cats Tarot deck I ordered through a store on Saturday and I can't wait to start study it and using it.

I thought it was a somewhat popular deck - for a cute/light deck (had a fairly good rating on Aeclectic) and I was sad to see there wasn't any study group for it.

So I'm asking now : would there be an interest for a study group? Let me know!

i would be.

but i don't see it as a light deck at all. it really is very profound, it is practically prrrfect. i love love love it.

Onaorkal

i would be.

but i don't see it as a light deck at all. it really is very profound, it is practically prrrfect. i love love love it.

Oh I'm glad you think it's not a light deck!

I've just re-read all of the (few) threads about it on the forum and many people seem to like it but think it's a bit too straightforward and shallow maybe?

Since I don't have the deck in-hands yet I looked up some images online and it seems like many cards have plenty of symbolism to offer, that's why I was still thinking a group could be nice :) Hopefully we'll get some other friends!

empress's dress

Oh I'm glad you think it's not a light deck!

I've just re-read all of the (few) threads about it on the forum and many people seem to like it but think it's a bit too straightforward and shallow maybe?

Since I don't have the deck in-hands yet I looked up some images online and it seems like many cards have plenty of symbolism to offer, that's why I was still thinking a group could be nice :) Hopefully we'll get some other friends!

i don't understand how the symbolism is shallow. this deck sings to me. and the court cards are just fantastic. i guess straight forward is in the eye of the beholder. i have done some very serious readings for others with this deck, and the people have just been so happy not only with the reading they couldn't get over cards -- just how much the cards spoke to them directly.

anyway, i'm in!

let me know when you get the deck!

Seldes Katne

I'd be willing to spend some quality time with this deck.

Onaorkal

Oh I'm happy someone else saw the thread! :)

Hopefully once we're gonna be started more people will be willing to participate (who knows!)

It's 1 AM right now in Canada (Ontario) and I'm traveling by bus to Toronto where I'll be able to get my deck tomorrow (later today oops) afternoon.

I have The Fool's Dog Sampler apps and one of them has the Mystical Cats. I just read the short part of the book kindly included in the app and I'm already thinking about interesting elements we could include in our study. *excited*

I'll keep yall posted! ;)

Onaorkal

Hey guys I didn't abandon this project! ;)

I did get my deck a week ago but truthfully I haven't had a chance to dive into it yet!

I looked through all the cards, picked my favorite card and my least favorite one, and I just finished reading the Introduction part of the book.

I hesitated before coming back here because I am not sure how to approach a deck study. Do we jump right away into studying the cards individually or do we talk about the deck in general a bit beforehand?

Let me know how you would be more comfortable proceeding.

For now I can at least tell you that my favorite card is The Moon, closely followed by the 2 of Earth. And the 9 of Sea is the card that I like the least - for now.

I have to say I really appreciate the presence of other animal species shown in different kinds of relationship with the cats. I can't wait to analyze that in the individual cards threads ;)

I haven't even tried to read with it yet (didn't have quality time available for it) but I'm curious to know the kinds of readings/questions you like to use this deck for? How do people/querents tend to react to it?

Let's get this going!

Meanwhile I will try to find time to do some reading(s) with it and start to study some cards :)

Seldes Katne

I thought I had posted this yesterday, but it's not here, so....

I looked through the threads for some of the other study groups, and many of them seem to look at and discuss one card at a time. That's certainly a viable option. We can also look at a card from the Mystical Cats deck and compare it with the same card from other Tarot decks, either those we own or depictions online.

There are a couple of activity books for Tarot: The Tarot Playbook, by Lynda Cowles, and 365 Tarot Activities, by Deanna Anderson. I own copies of these, and could occasionally post an activity to do.

empress's dress

we can go card by card? i really have no idea how to approach a tarot deck study group. but i want in. why don't we exchange readings, give feedback, and do a card by card study? and maybe do pairings? i don's do reversals. i don't read the cards that way. but for others that would also be really important.

my absolute favorites are the lovers, fire queen, the empress, death, earth tom, fire kitten, sea queen, 2 of sea, 5 of sea...lol this list is growing. i love this deck. my least favorites for now are consequences, world and demon cat -- sometimes i feel these images and the explanations narrow the meaning too much.

Onaorkal

Yes going card by card is a good way imo.
I don't do reversals either but of course if anybody has something to add that would be useful for a reversed meaning they are welcome to do so!

I would be happy to start as soon as possible, whenever I'll have enough time I will do a card and post it. I can start the threads but if somebody is fast and willing to do it first I don't mind either. I would tend to go with the Major Arcana first, but same thing here, if somebody feels really inspired by some card they can make a thread for it too.
It's a learning process and it's for fun, so no pressure and no rules other than the forum rules!

Seldes Katne - yes activities that would help us learning and discovering other aspects of the deck would be fun! :) Thanks for proposing!

and empress's dress let's see if we can't find a way to broaden the meanings from those cards together!

Simple question : did you all realize that only the cats who are in a position of authority wear jewelry? They are the Priest, Priestess, Emperor, Empress and all the Queens and Kings.
I thought it was interesting!