Hallowquest Study Group anyone?

Aerin

We've talked about doing this elsewhere, but I was looking at my Hallowquest book last night and had a thought.

It struck me that if we started now and hurried up a bit with the preparation lessons we could just about be in time to start at the Summer segment of the book, on the right date.

Anyone interested?

Aerin

Kaz

aerin,
i would love to, but, i dont have this deck yet, and the hallowquest book is out of print.........though i am still hunting for it....

kaz

Aerin

kaz, how frustrating. Amazon sometimes have the book second hand I've noticed although you have to take care to get the latest edition (1997/ 98).

Aerin

faunabay

Aerin,
What are the differences between the editions? I have the older version and was planning on using that one for the study group???

And yes, I would love to start it!! :)

Kaz

please wait for me........
i ordered it at powell's now, used, i don't know yet if/when they will ship. if i have the book i am fine, coz i can see all the cards online somewhere, forgot where, but i'll dig it up.

kaz

faunabay

Kaz,
You didn't have to pay too much money did you? I was keeping an eye open for one for you. Jewel passed on to me you were looking for one.

Kaz

no the price was ok.
but i still might need your help if they can't deliver it for some reason. they take 1 to 3 days to process orders, so someone might have snatched it right before me.
i'll keep you posted what happens here.
thanks for your help as well faunabay :)

kaz

Aerin

faunababy, the old version has a lot of material in it which is now in the handbook which goes in the deck (allegedly, I'm going from the introduction here). Also, the Arthurian Tarot Course was originally a separate book, and is now in the Hallowquest (1997) book along with some stuff from the old Hallowquest book incorporated in the lessons. I can write some summaries of the lessons.

The Quest for the Spear starts on 21st June and there are 5 lessons to complete before we start, beginning with Lesson One: Meditation and Diary Keeping. That's why I suggested starting now-ish. The main thing we all need is a diary.

Do we just start in here or do we ask someone nicely for a Special Board??? Anyone know?

Aerin

Kaz

aerin, if you can provide me with the text i need, i can start as well.
we can go along here til it clutters the general section so much that we need a seperate board i think, anyway, that's solandia's bussiness as she is admin, we can ask when it gets to crowdy here.
for those who haven't got the deck, i found the site which shows the pictures of all the cards in a slideshow, fast copy/pasting there if you want to look longer than 8 secs at a picture :p
http://www.laylianm.com/reviews/arthurian.htm

so, if everybody wants to start, then maybe we should......

kaz

kai

Hello everyone,

I've been following the other thread in which people where discussing the hallowquest.

I had recently bought the cards and went on a mission to find the hallowquest book which was mentioned. I recently managed to get it, secondhand, through Amazon.com which, believe me, felt like a quest in itself. I'm not sure which edition I've got but it goes through the different quests, corresponding to the seasons so I think I've got the right one.

I've been planning to start at the Summer/Spear quest after doing the preliminary stuff and preparing myself. I would love to join with other people in a study group whilst going through it. So please count me in, if that's ok ?

Kai (Sarah)