Hallowquest Study Group anyone?

sapienza

Thanks so much for that Aerin. :)

Aerin

Pleasure.

It was a fair amount of work to type up those first lessons I remember, and then we fizzled out because no-one was posting. So I'm glad that someone is picking this up again.

The layout involving the whole deck (somewhere in the first five lessons) is an amazing thing.

Aerin

Morwenna

I'd definitely like to be in on this. I do own the book but it's been MIA for some time now. I meant to start the course when I first got it (and even set up a notebook for it) but you know how these things sometimes go, and then there was the move... :(

PathWalker

I know this is a year long undertaking, and I started once before and never proceeded,but I'm posting my intention to begin here :)

May take me more than a year, but the fact that others have walked the path before gives me hope to plod along behind. Anyone else out there searching for the Hallows?

Blessings
Pathwalker

witchychris

I'm new to AT and just spotted this thread. I'm definitely up for this. This was my first deck many, many years ago. I love this deck but have always struggled to read with it (particulary the minors). I've started working through The Arthurian Tarot Course book a couple of times but things cropped up and I stopped. It would be good to do it on here with everyone else so we can help motivate each other.
If I start now I can be ready to start with swords in spring.

Aerin

Well, the first few lessons are still there (see posts somewhere up this thread) so it gives a place to start...

witchychris

I have just been reading through the previous posts for the first couple of lessons. I have The Arthurian Tarot Course book, the Hallowquest book and the companion book that came with the deck so I have the all the lessons and supporting material I just have to get stuck in now.

SpiritOfTheDogz

I'm thinking of starting to get used to the Arthurian tarot again after almost two years.
What is the point of the hallowquest, does it make reading with the cards easier, is there any purpose to the quest, there seems to be a lot of talk about the quest but not about what the quest is about???

Aerin

The Quest involves a lot of inner journeying, visualisations, also some ceremonies at the appropriate time of year. It helped me understand myself and also my place in things - I think being in the UK also helps. Personally I found it a brilliant way to understand the deck better too. I typed up the first lessons so you can have a look - there's an index in the Place Where Indices Live on the forum.
Yup, it's there and it links to this

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=1232771

We started with the Spear Quest because the time of year was appropriate.

sapienza

Despite my very best intentions in the past I've never got very far with my year long study of this deck. I'm not so good at sticking with things. However, it's not too long until Spring on this side of the planet and I'm THINKING of maybe giving it another go. There is so much info in the books I have that it seems a shame to leave it unexplored. :)