Sheridan-Douglas Tarot: new printing

Lillie

What will the backs be like?
That's what I wonder...

And will they all stick together in a funny way.

gregory

Lillie said:
What will the backs be like?
That's what I wonder...

And will they all stick together in a funny way.
OOOOOH yes ! I hate that !

Le_Corsair

Now this is good news. It's been years since I bought a new tarot deck, but this is one of those I used to hunt for on eBay all of the time, back when I spent way too much of my money on tarot. Thanks, Lee, for the thread, and thanks also to that Dan fellow who seems to know so much about the printing of this deck......

Zhritza

This looks like a really good surrogate for the Hoi Polloi until I can get one. Not that this doesn't have its own valid charm, it surely does (and it's more original obviously); but the itch I have to gain the Hoi Polloi may be quelled by this at least for a while. ;)

gregory

The HoiPolloi does show up at very reasonable prices on ebay from time to time (mine was about $40) - which is more than can be said for this one !!!

Lillie

A few months ago a couple of hoi pollois went on ebay UK, for about £3 each.

Sadly I neglected to get one. Though I had every chance, as I watched one of them be relisted 3 times before anyone bid!

Such a fool I am!

brennamor

This is exciting news! I've been interested in getting a Sheridan-Douglas Tarot for several years. Now it looks like I'll have the chance.

Alfred Douglas

Reprint imminent

Yes indeed, we are in the process of reprinting our Sheridan Douglas tarot deck, and it will be available very shortly. We have tried to keep the look and feel of the original deck, first published in 1972, and we hope you enjoy the result.

Alfred Douglas

Sulis

Alfred Douglas said:
Yes indeed, we are in the process of reprinting our Sheridan Douglas tarot deck, and it will be available very shortly. We have tried to keep the look and feel of the original deck, first published in 1972, and we hope you enjoy the result.

Alfred Douglas

Wow, and A. Douglas is here in person (so to speak).
Welcome to the forums :)

Thanks for this wonderful news - I stopped hunting for this deck years ago as I quickly discovered how difficult it was to find and how expensive it is these days.

I'm really looking forward to a reprint :)

baba-prague

Great news. It's one of the few decks that I still really want (mostly I'm trying to catch up with what I already have). I'm glad to hear that you'll retain the 70s look - it's the aspect that really appeals to me.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.