Golden Tarot -- Seven of Coins

Prism

A sturdy, good-looking young man with rosy cheeks and wearing a bright red wrap over a simple brown shirt and pants stands looking out at us. He holds a staff in his right hand. He stands in a beautiful green landscape with lots of trees. The sky is blue, and it looks as though night might be falling.

Just to his left is a tree on which grow golden fruit and seven golden coins. The fruit and coins are too high up for him to reach, but he doesn't seem bothered by that. In fact, he isn't looking at the tree. I get the feeling that the tree is his, though. He has taken good care of it, and now all he has to do is wait for the fruit to ripen. The card seems to be saying that good times are ahead, but you have to wait in order to reap the rewards of your efforts.

A little white dog stands on a path on the other side of the tree, looking at something to his left that we can't see. According to the book, the dog represents loyalty and service to a friend, which is apparently one of the meanings of the card. There is also a clump of irises standing near the man. I have looked up irises, and they seem to represent everything under the sun, depending on the source. I'm not sure which meaning applies here.

GryffinSong

Prism said:
...There is also a clump of irises standing near the man. I have looked up irises, and they seem to represent everything under the sun, depending on the source. I'm not sure which meaning applies here.

I love it when there's a symbol like that on a card. It gives some "play" for our intuition to kick in. At least that's how I find it works for me. :D

Prism

I agree with you. I wasn't looking for a hard and fast meaning. I'm trying to work with the symbols on the cards a little more now that I'm trying to study the cards more in depth, and it was kind of amusing how many you can find for this particular plant.

tarot4fun

This card reminds me a bit of The Fool~ a young person with their faithful dog ready is for travel and adventure. But rather than taking a risk; this person has some experience and is contemplating the next best step. The coins seem to represent ‘the fruits of his labor’. The valley is sort of like the Garden of Eden- the place of fertility and untapped potential.