Underwear for Decks!

amethyst57

LOL...great idea for those socks that lose their partners on the laundry day...
or you could rummage thru the lost and found box, find a nice trouser sock or
anklet....and for your mini decks, maybe find a baby sock...

greatdane

LOL Amethyst57...I'm picturing it...

little lacy baby socks to keep little decks snug! Those women's trouser slinky socks really work so well...just long. The material sure is gentle on decks and allows the cards to slide in, yet holds them.

Wickedjr89

am i the only one who conjured up images of a tarot deck dancing around in underwear after reading the title of this thread?

That is exactly what I did too! lol that made me just have to read this thread.

I hadn't thought of a sock. I was wondering what I could use to secure my deck better like that, if I wanted to say take them with me when I went to a friends.

Glass Owl

This thread is so funny! Now I just may have some use for all of those lonely socks that don't have matches!

greatdane

It Works, GlassOwl!

And like you said, gives those lonely socks something to do! :)

greatdane

Regenerating this thread because I found the need

for DECK UNDERGARMENTS!

I didn't want to spend a ton on a case for my new Mystical Tarot and found a bag in the color tones I liked, but knew it would hardly be fitted.

So....grabbed a black dress sock, cut off the top (it doesn't matter if the top is open, if the sock has a bit of stretch to it, it will conform to the deck), stuck the deck in and stuck in the bag and the socks keeps the cards together (even though the deck may move around a bit).

I tend toward cases, that's what almost all my decks are in, but with the beautiful bags out there, and all who love them, a deck undergarment works wonders! :)

ana luisa

Just wanted to say that the sock idea is perfect, GD !! I too like to keep it practical and cheap whenever possible. We do not have socks like those over here so I make my own boxes from a model box. However, since MATS are uber expensive I made one that works like a charm. Bought a 50X70 piece of wine carpet (the ones you glue to the floor) and it has been the best mat I could find. The cards hold still, it can be cleaned, it doesn't slide on the table and I don't have to be extra careful with it .I may even create myself a collection with several colors and patterns ;)

greatdane

GREAT IDEA, ANA LUISA!

Yes, often our own "fixes" to a problem are better than what we can buy.

Women's stretchy dress socks (I have a ton in black to wear with any dress pants I have) are plentiful here and work so well at holding a deck together.

I don't like to keep decks in their original boxes and I like to be able to pop them in my bag and go. That's why I started having fitted cases made for my decks. The fold over, envelope style. But when I saw this nice inexpensive velveteen goldish bag and needed something for the long, narrow Mystical, I thought....SOCK!