How much would you pay for a Tarot teacher or course?

Ix Chel

I was wondering how much would you pay for a Tarot teacher? You see sometimes prices equal to two Tarot books, for just 1 lesson. Some courses exist of 10 lessons. And I have even found a course from 2 years, for about 2.500 Euro / 2.800 USD. I was just wondering is het better to have several Tarot books, or just 1 teacher? In my opinion you learn more from several sources (Tarot books) than just 1 teacher. What do you think? And how much would you pay for a teacher?

decan

$2.800 for a course to learn how to read Tarot! But maybe this price includes a few informal conferences in the Hamptons :D

Even my most expensive deck is $60, and for this price I have several very good books to learn Tarot!

gregory

I was wondering how much would you pay for a Tarot teacher? You see sometimes prices equal to two Tarot books, for just 1 lesson. Some courses exist of 10 lessons. And I have even found a course from 2 years, for about 2.500 Euro / 2.800 USD. I was just wondering is het better to have several Tarot books, or just 1 teacher? In my opinion you learn more from several sources (Tarot books) than just 1 teacher. What do you think? And how much would you pay for a teacher?
You can get teachings from some of the world's best free, right here.

I wouldn't pay more than $100 for a full course, to be honest. More than that and I'd rather do it myself with books. In actual fact, I email big names I believe in, when I feel a need. So far every last one has responded with kindness, courtesy and the information I needed.

There are also excellent FREE on line courses. And Teresa Reed's Tarot Bytes podcast is free, too.

Apollonia

When I was first learning, I paid for courses, but that was before the Internet. These days, I would get books (starting with those I could borrow free from the library), go online, and visit here. You will learn all you need to know with those sources, without having to pay a thing if you don't want to.

Jenn2211

2800?! wow! I've only just this past week took my first tarot course, for love donations. I agree with the opinon of being on the forum. Practice is everything :) Having a a group of people with different experience levels to interact with is tremendous help.
Also, good books help.

2800? That blows my mind...I resisted paying 30 for local teacher. I think the big tarot meetup, Readers Studio is less than that. Even the whole weekend with the extra day of psychology & tarot classes.

I would go with books, in my opinion. Lots of practice. I pay now for a little informal course in my area. But she takes donations. So it isn't a formal set price and I wouldn't pay for the other shops cost of 30. Just my opinion...there is no right or wrong way to learn tarot.

barefootlife

Honestly, I wouldn't pay for tarot courses unless it was pretty much to support a person who has made a great deal of useful free information. It's more important for me to develop my own relationship with the cards, and free guidance is everywhere. Someone else telling me the 'right' way to practice an intuitive art isn't really my deal.

G6

Honestly, I wouldn't pay for tarot courses unless it was pretty much to support a person who has made a great deal of useful free information.

This. It doesn't seem like a wise business strategy to offer courses for that much money. Courses or seminars seem to be more often incorporated as part of a marketing strategy to sell other goods/services and are offered at a lower cost.

If you are just trying to learn for yourself and your own spiritual development I would use the above advice of using a book, online resources and simply spending hours working with/developing a relationship with a deck on your own. See what happens.

Abrac

I'd pay exactly $0.00 :laugh:

Barleywine

Before we scrapped the idea due to lack of interest, my local New Age store owner and I were going to offer a six-session beginner's course (one 4-hour workshop and five 2-hour evening sessions) for $125. This was for in-person instruction, not over the internet.

snowmoon

hi, first, i won't pay for a teaching course or a teacher, because i don't have money for it.

there are material teaching courses like 40, 000 to 60,000 yen. sometimes 1 course like 20,000 yen for once, but you have to take 4 to 6 times to complete.

usually cost 300,000 yen in total, i go with book.