The Tarot of Vampyres - Daughter of Knives

WolfyJames

The female vampyre is in a forest at night, sitting on the snow. She seems to be the grown-up version of the girl on the Three of Knives. White roses are next to her and there is blood on the snow. The vampyre is wearing a white top with a black coat made of black feather, black boots and holds a dagger in her left hand. She is not looking at us directly, she is in her head. She looks pensive, her head is bubbling with thoughts and ideas. She is earth in air, she is effectively sitting on the ground wearing that airy black feather coat.

Attachments

• swords11200.jpg
    swords11200.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 1,654

velvetina

Of all four knive court cards, she is the one I would prefer to meet. She is curious and questioning. She hasn't yet seen it all before..she takes it as it comes. she doesn't judge, she explores every possible angle. The perfect blend of pragmaticism and creativity...she follows every pathway, opens every Pandora's box, repeats herself 'why this? why that? why? why? why?'

It's as well she has centuries in which to explore for answers.

Hemera

I´ve been getting this card a lot lately but I´m not sure why and what this card stands for. I always find courts difficult and I know I´m not alone with this :p

To me it looks like there is a wedding gown and a wedding bouquet below the bench she is sitting on and there is blood all over them and also on her knife. So has she been cutting someone´s wedding dress - maybe it´s her own? Does this mean she has outgrown something or someone?

She seems to be the grown-up version of the girl on the Three of Knives..
Yes, that is true. It could be the same girl and the same knife but now she has become confident. She is not lost anymore.

ETA: I found an interesting thread in Using Tarot Cards: Conquering the Court-Page of Swords
and there are a few things that seem to speak about our Daughter of Knives. For example:
willowfox said:
I think his stance is one of defensiveness when in actual fact there is no need, it looks like he is not sure what to do and how to act in the situation that he finds himself in.
Yes, I think that could be one way of looking at this card: the Daughter of Knives has sliced that wedding dress and she is defensive about it but not sure what to do next. What do you think?

WolfyJames

To me it looks like there is a wedding gown and a wedding bouquet below the bench she is sitting on and there is blood all over them and also on her knife. So has she been cutting someone´s wedding dress - maybe it´s her own? Does this mean she has outgrown something or someone?

Yes, I think that could be one way of looking at this card: the Daughter of Knives has sliced that wedding dress and she is defensive about it but not sure what to do next. What do you think?

Well, there are white roses on the snow I can see them, as for the wedding dress not at all. But wedding dresses are usually white and snow is white so it's possible there could be a wedding dress mixed with snow that we barely see. On the Three of Knives she was wearing black, on this card white. It's possible she cut off the bottom of that wedding dress she wore.

Being a Swords people myself I think I can add some insights. Back when I was a teenager, my friends were thinking about marriage and were already looking for baby names. In my case I was not thinking about that at all. I was more thinking that I wanted to know so much. I felt the time I was given would never be enough, and I wanted to be eternal so I'd have the time to go everywhere and discover everything, and study, and read all the books, etc. I'm sure it sounded feverish but it's more interesting to me than getting married young and have children. I've never understood people who marry young and have children right away. There is a whole world out there full of possibilities. You finally get out of the house of your parents only to end up in another house. And beside, it seems to me also it's best to resolve some of own issues before living with someone and having children.

Ah well that is my Swords insight on this.

Miss Divine

Well, there are white roses on the snow I can see them, as for the wedding dress not at all. But wedding dresses are usually white and snow is white so it's possible there could be a wedding dress mixed with snow that we barely see. On the Three of Knives she was wearing black, on this card white. It's possible she cut off the bottom of that wedding dress she wore.

Being a Swords people myself I think I can add some insights. Back when I was a teenager, my friends were thinking about marriage and were already looking for baby names. In my case I was not thinking about that at all. I was more thinking that I wanted to know so much. I felt the time I was given would never be enough, and I wanted to be eternal so I'd have the time to go everywhere and discover everything, and study, and read all the books, etc. I'm sure it sounded feverish but it's more interesting to me than getting married young and have children. I've never understood people who marry young and have children right away. There is a whole world out there full of possibilities. You finally get out of the house of your parents only to end up in another house. And beside, it seems to me also it's best to resolve some of own issues before living with someone and having children.

Ah well that is my Swords insight on this.

What a wonderful post! I wish I would have had more of the swords energy when I was a teen. I fell head over heels with an older guy and was married and pregnant by the time I was 20. Needless to say, that ended in divorce. I have that swords energy now though. I used to foolishly listen to my heart instead of my brain. I'm a completely different woman now, and I see that whole other world that's out there besides the married with children thing. The whole marriage/living together stuff is a big turn-off for me now. I've become too independent and like you, I love to read and learn new stuff all the time.

To me the daughter as knives comes across as a sexy gal, but when a guy approaches her she's not easily impressed. She's more like the ''talk to my finger'' kinda gal.

Hemera

But wedding dresses are usually white and snow is white so it's possible there could be a wedding dress mixed with snow that we barely see.
Oh, the wedding dress is probably just in my imagination..I didn´t even think it would be snow, in fact. Probably because right now everything here is under a thick blanket of snow and after a while you just don´t see it. It´s so normal and so much part of the scenery:p

To me the daughter as knives comes across as a sexy gal, but when a guy approaches her she's not easily impressed. She's more like the ''talk to my finger'' kinda gal.
LOL :)

MaryQC

It's worth pointing out that the queen of knives is wearing what looks to me like an old-fashioned wedding dress, of which the daughter's dress is a shorter, punker version. The nine of knives has the same pattern and colour of dress and I think it is possible that the resemblance to a wedding dress is intentional, particularly with the queen of knives. So it's not strange that it looked like there was one in the daughter of knives.