Why can't I find the Victorian Romantic Tarot?

3crows

I can't seem to find the Victorian Romantic tarot anywhere. amazon is selling it for $150.00!!!! does anyone know why that is, and where might I find these obscure cards?

thorhammer

It's out of print, as are ?all? the MRP decks. The Fairytale and Fantastic Menagerie, and maybe the BBCats, are still reasonably easy to get a hold of, but the VR and Bohemian Gothic are like hen's teeth now. You'll be very lucky to find one.

\m/ Kat

EarthAngel2911

Do you mean the VR Gold? Or is it difficult to find the VR standard as well?

faunabay

The regular VR is also out of print. So it's getting more and more difficult to find. The Gold VR is pretty much nonexistant though. :p

EarthAngel2911

Ahhh.... Well, it doesn't surprise me, really. Baba decks are true works of art! (And thankfully I have both the regular and the Gold... don't know what I'd do without them!!)

rwcarter

There was a gold on US eBay tonight. It was a Buy It Now, so I don't know if it's still up there or not.

faunabay

I completely agree. And am doubly glad I got all of them before they went out of print. }) I even have two copies of the reg. VR. I just love that deck. :heart:

Actually I have two copies of the Fantastic Menagerie as well. But didn't mean to. ROFL I bought the deck first thinking I didn't need the book, then decided I wanted the book AFTER baba sold out of them. :p So bought another set just for the book. Yes, I'm a goof! I know!! :laugh:

Muir Aingeal

I went to go check and it's still there. I imagine it will be snatched up quick though.

I think this is the first time I have ever seen a VR Gold on ebay!

Le Fanu

There will still be a few (standard ones), surely, to be snapped up, here and there. German amazon had a delivery recently. I know because I was debating a THIRD copy, i.e a second back-up, but then I decided against it.

Very soon we´re going to have to get used to floods of newbies coming onto AT saying "Ive seen a lovely deck called the Victorian Romantic Tarot. Where can I get one?" And we won´t have anywhere to recommend!

Just watch...

firefrost

I can't decide if Amazon (UK) didn't get their act together (wouldn't surprise me) and never actually got the order they were supposed to have or if all the received shipment were pre-ordered.

Either way, I gave up hope of getting one 'when expected stocks arrive' some time ago. They've not actually eee'd me for a few weeks. I think they were hoping I'd say to cancel my order the last time, but I didn't :D