Morgan greer spanish version

214red

who else has this deck,i ordered it by mistake, but i thought it being in spanish would not be an issue, however the colour is dull and unlike my other MG deck, the cardstock is poor and the colors on the back faded. Did someone sell me a fake or is that just how the spanish version is?

Le Fanu

214red said:
who else has this deck,i ordered it by mistake, but i thought it being in spanish would not be an issue, however the colour is dull and unlike my other MG deck, the cardstock is poor and the colors on the back faded. Did someone sell me a fake or is that just how the spanish version is?
Maybe vintage! The colours are much duller than the current edition and the backs are faded...

214red

Le fanu- How can i tell? am new to deck versions

Le Fanu

214red said:
Le fanu- How can i tell? am new to deck versions
OMG, famous last words; "tell me about the backs of the Morgan Greer!" There's a thread somewhere and a whole field of study dedicated to the backs of the Morgan Greer. Some expert here will know.
I'm just one of those weirdos who finds the vintage MGs washed out and the US Games Printed in Italy vibrant and rich & (if you're into the Morgan Greer) overall just nicer...

strings of life

^ I disagree :laugh:. The Belgium edition of the US Games Morgan-Greer is my favorite - bright, matte. Heaven. I don't hate the Italian version though.The Morgan Press editions are a bit less bright (washed out, if you must), but I love the matte card stock and they are vintage.

Here's the infamous let's count stars and compare blue and brown boxes thread. Passionate? Obsessive? Both? You decide.

I have seen Spanish editions sold on evilBay though.

Le Fanu

I looked for that thread. Why didn't it come up in a Search for Morgan Greer in tarot decks?? Most bizarre.

Oh but AT neurotic edition-obsessing at its finest...

strings of life

^ It is indexed under "Morgan Greer" not "Morgan-Greer". Yes, I knew this already. How sad.

Top 10 thread: spreadsheet comparissons on the number of stars, faded blue backs, darker blue backs, Page of Pods, count your stars and then match the backs up in your deck type of studies.

Speaking of which, I have a brown box addition to my collection and the backs must be accounted for. LOL.

214red

can of worms...

they were printed in belgium
i must admit to liking the brighter ones more :(

Emily

214red said:

I have the Spanish version Morgan Greer too - the colours are different. I don't like the differences in colouring in this deck. I used colour a lot with the English version Morgan Greer but in the Spanish deck, they were so different, it was harder to do. The yellows were muddy, there were differences in the other colours and some of the cards seemed double-exposed. Not my favourite version at all. :(

214red

think i will give it away