Anyone reading with The Grail Tarot:ATV?

.traveller.

Or am I the only one to be utterly bewitched by this deck?

easternsunrise

The cards look beautiful! I was reading a review on Amazon about a customer getting a bad copy tho, poorly cut with a white stripe on the back of the card. That would upset me and is the only thing stopping me. Did you get yours on Amazon?

.traveller.

I bought mine from Barnes and Noble. There does appear to be manufacturing flaws unfortunately. The backs do have a line, but it is barely detectable and the cutting is rough in places.

It doesn't interfere with my readings but I do wonder if I should invest in another copy eventually, in case this one doesn't hold up.

easternsunrise

Oh that's a bummer, it looks like a wonderful deck, I wonder if trimming them would solve the issue? Hum...

rwcarter

If I remember correctly, the deck is completely borderless, so there's nothing to trim.

(Anyone who has the deck and hasn't should lay out the Majors and each of the Minor suits and look at the panoramic view that's created. By doing so, I found that some of my cards aren't perfectly cut, cause they don't perfectly line up.)

.traveller.

There are no borders, so I wouldn't trim it.

Mine line up fine. I wonder if this is going to be one of those decks that goes out of print quickly 'cause of the manufacturing.

It really isn't that bad and I hardly notice it anymore. But then, I love the cards :)

Overstock has them for cheap. ;)

I guess no one else actually reads with them. A pity.

rachelcat

I voted for this for best deck of 2007. I got it with my holiday cash and studied it while I was off for the holidays. I also am enchanted by it!

Before I voted for it, I checked to make sure it's actually readable, not just beautiful and intriguing. And it is! Probably best for spiritual subjects, but it worked well for my questions.

For study, I suggest lining up the majors 0 through 10 and then underneath, line up 11 Shekinah under 1 Christ and go from there for some interesting pairings.

I also lined up all the minors in order, which helped me learn some things. Like this: The hallow of each suit is alread won/found at the beginning of the suit. (The seeker HAS the sword in the Brother of Swords and carries it throughout the suit (except when it gets stolen . . and broken and reforged.) The seeker HAS the lance and visits the Grail Castle with it in the Lances suit. Etc.

As you can see, I enjoy decks that take a bit of study (but are not inpenetrable!!) Glad others are enjoying it, too!

.traveller.

Yay! Someone else likes this deck too!

I've used them for every type of question imaginable and they have risen to the challenge. They are surprising good for any kind of relationship (not just romantic) question. I think it is because there are so many people interacting, the courts are especially engaging... though sometimes I get stumped on a daily draw. These cards are still opening up to me and I am enjoying every step of the journey. :D

I find the fella in the swords suit to be especially attractive. I think this is the first time I have ever gone "Oh YAY! Swords!" when they show up in a reading. :laugh:

I'm studying them through reading, mostly single draws, but a few 3 carders as well. I've also created a spread to use them with the Golden... the working title is Solomon's Seal.

angus93

I bought a copy from a local shop and its astonishing in my opinion. I'm yet to do a reading with it though.

.traveller.

angus93 said:
I bought a copy from a local shop and its astonishing in my opinion. I'm yet to do a reading with it though.

Oh you've GOT to read with it. It takes a little time to open up, but if you don't treat it like a clone deck, it reads beautifully.