cosmic tarot, the aces

paradoxx

The four aceds of this deck present the suits in tehir absolute form and without hesitation of their powers. Along with a brief description and commentary folowed by a brief way of using the cards for the complicated readings this deck generates.

The ace of cups: The cup overfloweth. Not only is this cup overflowing, but its ready to tim pver, 12 stars arch over the top of thsi cup and teh eotional overtones and abundnace are everpresent. if this card appears above one card, then teh abundance will flow onto what is below, if it is below then what is above will tip it over. if it is inbetween two other cards, one above and below, the as above so below and throut the cup is goes.

Ace of wands. An explosion of power brusts from the top of the wand, zig-zagging lines trace downward into the ground (?) below and a stary sky in teh background creates a majestic view. Regardles of where this card fall,s the explsion fo nergy is then present in every card after.

Ace of swords. The hilt of thsi sword is the crown present in other decks. if the the sword is held in honor, then the hornor of the glow that it emits will benifit all. the sword si srising and is a barrier of the viseca pisces, symbol of creative energy and symbolic of air. the lines of this card divide and clarify the surrounding cards complexiites.

Ace o fpentacles, at teh base of the large pentacle is a yellow brick road. there are crystals and rocksbefoe this 5 pointed monlythic seal of spiritual(crsystals) and material(the rocks) wealth. a steady ray of light shines through the pentacle with presumidly the sun behind it. 13 marks surround the pentacles, but only 12 are visiable, the 13th is hidden in the lower left. Wehr ethis card falls, teh rays of the light of the cards behind (or above) it brings a spiritual view point to the cards benath or infront of this ace.

Madame Squee

<snip>Ace of wands. An explosion of power brusts from the top of the wand, zig-zagging lines trace downward into the ground (?) below and a stary sky in teh background creates a majestic view. Regardles of where this card fall,s the explsion fo nergy is then present in every card after.<snip>
Thank you for starting this thread, paradoxx.

I am looking for representations of astrological symbols in Norbert Losche's artwork, and how they relate to the meaning of the tarot cards.

The Ace of Wands is connected to the fire signs of the zodiac: Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius.

Depicted in this card, I see the ruling planets, Mars, the Sun, and Jupiter, which associated with these astrological signs.

The planets are shown in alignment with the head of the staff. They appear to be charging it with enormous energy, causing electrical sparks to spray in every direction throughout the universe. This picture reminds me of the creation of the universe, and every spark is a star.

It even appears to me that the placement of the three planets form a symbolic eyeball, and the trails of flying sparks have transformed Jupiter into the iris. Perhaps this pattern is meant to mimic the eye of God, as He sparks life and directs it through His staff.

The inclusion of symbolism for the planets, instead of the signs they rule, indicates to me that the Ace of Wands is the foundation card for this suit. Every Wand card draws its meaning from this parent or creator card.

JulieK

I shall put my thoughts on just the Ace of Cups for now (I am working a suit at a time, then the major arcana). The books describes this card as being stood underwater, however I saw this scene more as a beach when I first looked at the card, although either scenario works with how I view the card.

I see the cup is stood on uneven ground, despite this is stands steady. The twelve stars and the rising sun/moon - I thought it was the moon originally suggest to me time. 12 stars for 12 months (or I suppose 12 zodiac signs also), the sun and moon are the turning of the days. Something says that this cups stands through the days, nights all year, every year. It is ever lasting. The sea and ground can change but emotion and love persists - it is constant.

I read a passage of what I wrote about this card a little while back. It is completely different. I found it fascinating to see how what I see in a card can change with my own emotional state. I saw different things that related to me. This is why I don't tend to read for myself, I can stay objective.

Julie