Ethereal Visions Tarot - New Nouveau Tarot Deck

Citrin

I've never backed a deck before, this is my first! :D Very exciting! It's gonna be so beautiful. I've never connected that well with the Mucha, well I do find it lovely and beautiful, but for some reason it never calls on me to work with it... So this might re-home my Mucha. :p

Shade

It's a lovely deck. I do wonder if it could possibly remain art nouveau and yet buck the trend of every woman being either dreamy or pensive.

The coloring is gorgeous; this would definitely be a deck do read with while enjoying a glass of absinthe.

Update: I went ahead and backed it. The campaign total is high but another deck I backed recently probably won't see the light of day because it's creator was too ambitious.

JylliM

The cards I've seen on Facebook look beautiful. Does anyone know how many are actually completed? I get the impression he's still in the very early stages.

elletx

The cards I've seen on Facebook look beautiful. Does anyone know how many are actually completed? I get the impression he's still in the very early stages.
It looks like 7, he adds them to the campaign as he completed them. Definitely in the early stages but he is moving pretty quickly through some of the new cards!

Little_Bear

backing and cheering him on.. its some very beautiful art. I think his light may be a little overshadowed by noise of another awesome deck ( that Im also on ), but both deck are so very different than each other.
The deadline is a way ahead, but lets remember other decks that were also launched well ahead. 78 cards for eg. glad I waited that one out and love that I was able to enjoy sharing in the process, gives me a more intimate feeling with the cards.

Ooh, pray tell, what is the other awesome deck? :)

storm Blue

Ooh, pray tell, what is the other awesome deck? :)

the Tabula Mundi Tarot Colores Arcus, is that awesome deck that has kicked off. backers will be receiving it much earlier and the work is done making it an almost zero risk back..
I sold a couple of decks to make some funds up so that I could be on both, but I imagine many people would have to pick either/or

staticfuzz

I really really really really really really really (etc) want to see this deck get funded. I'm surprised it hasn't been funded already, but I guess it is a large goal. I love art nouveau. I know what some people are saying about the nymphy women and stuff, but personally I get a very different feeling from the Empress versus The High Priestess, for instance. Not crazy about the Moon (more moon!), but I don't think I'd have a problem making it work in a reading. I like the cards he's done like Death, the Devil, and the 5 of Pentacles, I think they show a good range. I have the Tarot Mucha and this one seems so much more...authentic? Plus I love the gold foil effect. Anyway I am definitely crossing my fingers that this gets funded with some extra leftover because I'm dying to have it!

wooden-eye

Bumping this one as there are only a few days to go and looks like with a bit of a last minute energy and support Matt's Kickstarter is gonna make it!

starlightexp

I'm really surprised that this deck has not made its goal yet. It seams like such a popular motif and the art is well done and it has bling which most people into that style swoon over. Maybe it's timing haven't there been a few art nouveau kind of decks in the last year or two? As for the TM taking it's thunder, I might be wrong, but I think these may speak to two vastly different types of collectors and readers. There are not a ton of well thought out esoteric decks that hit the market these days so that need has more demand. That may be why the TM has done the wonderful job that it has.

Shade

I wonder if it's the fact that so few cards are completed that others who might fund the deck are holding back.

i do wish I had the budget for that $2,000 design-a-card level. Hmmmmm...