Gilded Tarot

.::Cerridwen::.

I just got them in the mail today and I am in love! The cards are gorgeous, and I just love the black edges! I love my Druidcraft, but this is just a whole new level of beauty!

I can't wait to own the Tarot of Dreams by the same author, they too are gorgeous.

starz

I also like gilded tarots and plan to get it as well. Is it difficult to read? I saw that there are planets in the pictures.

Genna

.::Cerridwen::. said:
I just got them in the mail today and I am in love! The cards are gorgeous, and I just love the black edges! I love my Druidcraft, but this is just a whole new level of beauty!

I can't wait to own the Tarot of Dreams by the same author, they too are gorgeous.

I agree.Every day I do the 5 card day spread (in the back of the book) with the Gilded Tarot deck.

Genna

starz said:
I also like gilded tarots and plan to get it as well. Is it difficult to read? I saw that there are planets in the pictures.

No,it´s not difficult to read with IMHO.The artist´s inclusion of clockworks and such,really quite lovely,made me not use the deck at first.Now I see it as decoration.The artwork takes your breath away,just like Cerridwen said.It might advance to be one of my very favourite decks,because of the extreme beauty of the cards.

The book that comes with the deck is very basic,and good,and the deck can be a great beginnes´deck I think.

BobTheViking

I, a beginner, thought it would make a good beginner's deck, too, just from seeing it. It's exactly what I'd expect of a Tarot deck: beautiful vivid colors and A-grade artwork. The fact that it's exactly the kind of bright computer art I really like is a plus. I find it to be much more impressive to the eye than Pamela Smith's artwork, though perhaps less filled with meaningful symbolism.

I really like the Pentacles. Making them golden pentagons impresses on me the fact that it's a suit of wealth and material goods. The form strikes me as some form of foreign coin, but Ciro Marchetti manages to make the pentagons into shields, crafted goods, etc., at the same time in a really lovely way.

silvereye

New to the Gilded Tarot

I have recently received the Gilded Tarot as a gift. I find it very pretty. Are you guys refering to the limited version? I'm using the less pricey version :)

.::Cerridwen::.

starz said:

I find it really easy to read because it sticks to the basic symbolism seen in Rider-Waite. I am not sure how it would be for an absolute beginner though because the book is really vague. It seems as though you should know the basic meanings of the cards, because you won't find it in the book.

It is by far the best deck I own. Oh and it came with a bag, which is a big plus! I did three readings with it lastnight and was thoroughly impressed. :)

There is a limited edition?? Mine was $16.47 on Amazon, So I am doubting mine is anything special!

BobTheViking

The limited edition was printed by the artist personally. It has a much higher quality than the Llewellyn version. It was really expensive, though, and he only made 350 or so, I believe.

Even the mass manufactured version is beautiful, though. I'm quite happy with mine.

Genna

Mine was the mass manifactured one too.

HearthCricket

I love my Gilded deck(s)-I have 2. It is my favourite deck to use, and very reliable in readings. I am sure you are going to have great fun with it! The artwork is beautiful and very unique, yet full of symbolism that allows you to read the deck traditionally. Enjoy!