Kipper discussion in general

The Happy Squirrel

--------

Grizabella

I used an old sheet to make spread cloths with. I made one for the Mystical Kipper and another one that can be used either with the Gilded Reverie or Ciro's Kipper. I just used a felt pen to draw out the spaces and on the one that's for both Ciro's decks, I just added names of the spaces of both in different colored felt pen. There's no way in the world I could ever afford the spread cloths Ciro has for the decks but the ones I've made are alright. They work. They're sorta tacky looking but maybe eventually I can make better ones.

LilaMoonShadow

kipper grand tableau

aye, I can help with translating :)
Usually, I pull 1 or 2 Kippercards to answer a question, but I'd like to read 5 cards, 3x3 and of course - the GT with them.

Do you know a place online that shows how to read the GT step by step? That is not based on a love reading? What do you do if you are single, no plans to get into a relationship= what is the main character male used for then?? I love Kipper, feel a lot more connected to them than Lenormand. I am trying to learn German so I can translate the books.

thanks Libby

Barleywine

I used an old sheet to make spread cloths with. I made one for the Mystical Kipper and another one that can be used either with the Gilded Reverie or Ciro's Kipper. I just used a felt pen to draw out the spaces and on the one that's for both Ciro's decks, I just added names of the spaces of both in different colored felt pen. There's no way in the world I could ever afford the spread cloths Ciro has for the decks but the ones I've made are alright. They work. They're sorta tacky looking but maybe eventually I can make better ones.

I had the idea that I might cut out 36 rectangles of cardboard and arrange them on canvas fabric, then spray-paint lightly around them to create a "reverse" pattern with the unpainted sections to be annotated with numbers and titles. That would save all the work of drawing lines and could make an elegant impression if my calligraphy is still up to par.

purple_scorp

A magnetic board is a good idea, and Home Depot sells little flat magnets that would hold the cards in place. A 3' x 3' board would fit all of the Lenormand Oracle cards and still be easy enough to stick somewhere out-of-the-way. I also have Ciro's pdf showing the GT 8x8x4 house layout (not the spread cloth since it wouldn't work as well for my purpose) and could just print it and keep it on the side as a reference. I have Orphalese 10 but haven't registered it yet to allow me to put in my own decks. Does it support Lenormand?

Ciro's Kipper PDF, or Ciro's Reverie PDF?

With the magnetic board and Kipper, at least you could put one magnet in the corner of four cards without it impinging on the artwork (as each of the corners are black). This would be handy too, because you can stand the board upright instead of laying it flat. Might give the eye a chance to see new things as you are viewing cards from a different angle.

Orphalese supports any image you can scan into a jpg, bmp, or png. So, yes, it supports Le Normand. Actually, I've created a YouTube video on how to take a card from a 9-card spread and use it as the centre card in a 36-card spread (and I've used Titania's Fortune Cards which are based on Le Normand style).

Just as a side note: I was going to scan my home-made Runes for use in Orphalese. They are made from a tree branch. You can use the rounded corners or transparency to shape the images into circles. Bugs have all been ironed out and in fact, Richard has published an updated version with some new features. There are at least three Kipper decks in the Deck Exchange. You should definitely register because that way, you could use download the other Kipper decks then use the Compare Cards tool to view the same card from each deck on the one page.

Grizabella

What an awesome and creative idea! I've been trying to figure out a way to make some really pretty spread cloths before summer because I'm going to be doing outdoor readings (busking, actually) and I don't want these ratty old pieces of a sheet going out in public. I read from home right now, on the internet or phone.

I've got a top hat now and I want to bead flames around the hat and put a silk sunflower on the side so I'll "match" my Bonefire deck and my AT avatar. (I've asked permission of wooden-eye just to be sure it's okay with her.) I'll use the Bonefire for readings and then take the Kipper and Lenormand created by Ciro and also the Mystical Kipper.

purple_scorp

Do you know a place online that shows how to read the GT step by step? That is not based on a love reading? What do you do if you are single, no plans to get into a relationship= what is the main character male used for then?? I love Kipper, feel a lot more connected to them than Lenormand. I am trying to learn German so I can translate the books.

thanks Libby

Libby, have you checked out Fortune Buccholtz's YouTube Channel "Not Fortune's Fool"

Fortune co-wrote Ciro Marchetti's Kipper LWB. She has videos on card descriptions and spread layouts, and the history of the deck etc.

LilaMoonShadow

thank you

No, I was not aware, going there now. thanks!!!

Libby, have you checked out Fortune Buccholtz's YouTube Channel "Not Fortune's Fool"

Fortune co-wrote Ciro Marchetti's Kipper LWB. She has videos on card descriptions and spread layouts, and the history of the deck etc.

LilaMoonShadow

holding kipper and lenny cards still

I got some baseball card sleeves- they are plastic, you slide the cards in and can put them in a 3 ring notebook. I labeled the pockets by house- I can slide all my cards in and leave them there as long as I need.

HOLMES

hey guys

I have in the mail, mystical kipper (extremely hard to get in Canada due to import fees ) and ciro kipper coming in the mail.
however I do not have a scanner.

requesting that someone who has the mystical kipper to send the scans to solandia so they can posted.
it is my hope that we can get the kipper section In the themes so it will be easier to find.
(and any other kipper you guys may have).

sure you can find images of the mystical kipper online but they are not at atf.

I think it would help for others to become aware of the deck.