Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 250 : May 14 - May 20

RiverRunsDeep

Another week with The Artist's Inner Vision tarot for me, thanks!

jema

I am having a lot of fun with my Voodoo deck and pull 3 cards a day, read the parts in the book and leave the cards there as book marks. Think I will stick to this deck until I read the whole deck/book!

Scarlet Woodland

Very much enjoying my weird deck combination so far; they balance each other nicely. I am being a bit prissy with them though :D I guess neither are astronomically valuable but they are a bit tough to replace. Imagined I'd be referring to the portfolio for each Lunatic card I drew to get a close up view, but instead I end up gingerly going through the whole deck/book... thing(?) then wrapping it back up in its bubble wrap for safety. Keep feeling like I ought to be wearing gloves! Totally silly as I have no intention of selling it and my crappy phone would cost more to replace. Worth a lot to me though.

Am slightly less mimsy about the BBCats thankfully... they arrived very warped so I had to give them a good re-breaking right off the bat. Worked surprisingly well actually so have my beady (bendy) eye on a couple misbehaving Llewellyns.

The two decks fall into two different reading catagories for me. The Lunatic is of the moreish persuasion, where I just want to keep chatting with the deck, drawing more cards. A very quick-fire, question and answer style. Can never tell which decks I'll connect with this way but they always end up favourites because I can't put them down :)

The BBCats is in the slow contemplation of each card camp. I'll draw just 2 or 3 cards from these decks and read them together, mining down through each layer of meaning. Can obviously get more out of these readings but they are a lot more draining. There's cross over of course and both can be read either way. Their relative card sizes work well for these styles of reading anyway though.

Lunatic wants to do some shadow work with me soon but don't think I'm ready yet. Will doubtless be sticking with it next week though so maybe then. Can always start collecting some spreads in the meantime.

Green Faerie

Am slightly less mimsy about the BBCats thankfully... they arrived very warped so I had to give them a good re-breaking right off the bat. Worked surprisingly well actually so have my beady (bendy) eye on a couple misbehaving Llewellyns.

Ooh, do you have suggestions for dealing with a warped deck? I am loving my Green Witch Tarot, but the cards did come terribly warped, and so they are hard to spread. Short of leaving them under an unabridged dictionary (which I don't have, though I have a couple of hefty dictionaries I could stack) for a couple of weeks, I am out of ideas; I've managed to flatten them a bit, but not nearly all the way.

jema

was it not someone here who parked a car on his/her deck?
That should do the trick! lol

Scarlet Woodland

Ooh, do you have suggestions for dealing with a warped deck? I am loving my Green Witch Tarot, but the cards did come terribly warped, and so they are hard to spread. Short of leaving them under an unabridged dictionary (which I don't have, though I have a couple of hefty dictionaries I could stack) for a couple of weeks, I am out of ideas; I've managed to flatten them a bit, but not nearly all the way.

The only way I've found to do it (barring vehicals :D) is to bend them back firmly the opposite way. The trouble is, if you do it as a whole deck it won't go evenly. With the kitties I took them five cards at a time and bent them back around my knee for a set number of seconds. The set time and bend angle kept the bend nice and even through the deck, then I gave the full deck a bit of a bend (and a riffle) in both directions a few times. They seem to be holding flat still :) Different cardstocks will obviously make a difference so some decks will probably just spring back but the Llewellyns feel like they'll work.

jema

hehe just dunk them in a bathtub and run them over with a car, will give tham that 'vintage' look
lol

Green Faerie

The only way I've found to do it (barring vehicals :D) is to bend them back firmly the opposite way. The trouble is, if you do it as a whole deck it won't go evenly. With the kitties I took them five cards at a time and bent them back around my knee for a set number of seconds. The set time and bend angle kept the bend nice and even through the deck, then I gave the full deck a bit of a bend (and a riffle) in both directions a few times. They seem to be holding flat still :) Different cardstocks will obviously make a difference so some decks will probably just spring back but the Llewellyns feel like they'll work.

Thank you! I will try this. Much as I love a vintage look, I don't think I'm ready to start running my cards over with my car. :D

VGimlet

New thread for the week is now here!