Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 252 : May 28 - June 3

BodhiSeed

I'm in with the Rosetta Tarot paired with a bird oracle - Ascension to Paradise. Thanks VGimlet! :heart:

JylliM

Working with the Crystal Tarot this week (Trevisan). Thanks, VG, as always.

JylliM, that is a fabulous bag for the Holy Light deck! It is so satisfying to find a bag that is the perfect "home" for our cards. :)

Thanks RiverRunsDeep! Such a beautiful bag and deck, I had to share :)

desertrat

I didn't have any time to do taroty things last week :( - continuing with the Distant Past tarot for a 3rd week.

Green Faerie

Cough (Hidden Realm)... cough (Mucha) :D

I know! LOL. :D I was in the store for just a bit, today, and I am afraid it looked like they didn't have either deck, but I will look more closely tomorrow. I was really hoping for a Hidden Realm, but a Mucha would be nice too. :)

(Although, this is the second metaphysical store I've been in recently where I've seen the Froud Fairies' Oracle. Given my affinity for fairies, that might be a sign.)

DaughterOfDanu

I'm working with the Oracle of the Mermaids and Animal Totem Tarot this week. Oddly enough they work together pretty nicely :)

NadaJ

Hi everyone! I've missed AT and my cards. I'm in this week with the Daniloff deck.

Marcus R

I have been out of practice for most of this year. I'm finding the Conver quite bare compared to RWS but love the simplicity and honesty of the woodblock prints.
I've been interpreting just from sitting with the card and recording my thoughts in my journal, then transcribing here. I feel I've been off at tangents with some cards but am enjoying the challenge to find what I can in them.

JylliM

Hi everyone! I've missed AT and my cards. I'm in this week with the Daniloff deck.

Hello NadaJ! :)

I have been out of practice for most of this year. I'm finding the Conver quite bare compared to RWS but love the simplicity and honesty of the woodblock prints.
I've been interpreting just from sitting with the card and recording my thoughts in my journal, then transcribing here. I feel I've been off at tangents with some cards but am enjoying the challenge to find what I can in them.

Good to read your thoughts, Marcus R.

I have to admit to getting a bit frustrated with Dame Fortune's Wheel. While I think it's a very attractive deck, and the illustrations are very clever in concept, the LWB is inconsistent. Sometimes the expanded LWB online gives totally different meanings to the short ones in the deck's LWB. I'm at the point where I just want the familiarity of RWS.

RiverRunsDeep

The Crystal Tarot is such a lovely deck, but I am having my usual difficulty with the pips. I "can" read them, but it is a cerebral exercise in which I am thinking about numerology and elemental symbolism, rather than letting my intuition flow freely (which is what I prefer!). It remains a mystery to me how anyone can get an intuitive "hit" from a pip! I haven't had time this week to delve into Yoav Ben Dov's "The Open Reading", but I'm hoping the book might give me some insight into viewing the pips differently. I think I will need another week with this deck!

Marcus R

Riverrunsdeep.
I know how you feel with the pips. I am using numerology generally and also YBD's open reading "read what you see". The swords and wands seem to give something but the cups and particularly the coins don't help much. I have a long way to go yet with the Conver but I'm enjoying the pressure. I am not using EDs with this deck, they would be helpful but I am uncertain if they were used in that period so I struggle along without them.
I don't have the book but I downloaded the LWB which is quite good, the interpretations are very interesting. I will be getting the CBD deck at some stage and also the book, maybe Christmas or at Taroz.