What encourages you to reply or not reply to a reading?

Amanda

...I think readings are more authentic when there is no information or backstory given upfront. In that area most posters spill the whole story in technicolor and in so doing, taint the slant of the cards, which in turn makes responders more biased/judgmental in their interpretations. It can be a vicious spin cycle.

Indeed.

Grizabella

I guess I'm inauthentic then because I like a little bit of back story and the area of life they're looking for the information on. :)

Like Daniel, I tend to look for the people who have posted a question and not gotten any feedback or who don't have a lot of feedback.

I tend to like relationship issues better than other topics but I do participate sometimes on other topics.

When I see a huge block of texts without paragraph breaks and with the cards named all within the same block of text they turn me away. I've even seen big blocks of text without capitalization or punctuation. :bugeyed: One look and I'm gone on that kind.

spookyboo22

I dislike questions like how does x feel about y
It's just a total turn off for me
Loads of cards in the reading is another one
Like Grizabella says , one huge paragraph like the Gettysburg Address but with no attempt at punctuation or sentences
The ones I answer I feel I can really help with otherwise I just lurk x

G6

Yeah, I liked your post about who was going to win the Super Bowl, but I saw it after the game.

You should do one for the Presidential primaries and election. That would be a fun post, lol! ;-)

ETA: Oh dear, I hope it's not Donald Trump. Things are getting more and more sketchy over here by the minute.

Meditarot

I apologize everyone for having been away this long. I realized I was suffering from a burnout and I had to prioritize things. As a result I decided to leave Aeclectic Tarot for a while, in order to focus more on myself and regaining my strength.

Your posts weren't in vain though. Even though I was going through hard times, I returned to reflect on your postings. It started a process and in the end I was able to leave my emotional attachment to this person.

A few months went by and a new interest entered my life. Unfortunately, things aren't any easier than last time, if even more complicated. However I know that I am in control of the situation and I am the one to direct my own life. I did a Tarot reading related to it and I might post it to the My Readings-section. You're free to comment to it, but it's completely up to you.

If you're refering to your "relationship" reading which I just looked up in your recent posts, then it should be obvious. You're not really looking for feedback, rather you are looking for confirmation that your specific interpretations are correct. You wish for the relationship to continue and are looking for confirmation of this. To me the cards scream - "She doesn't want anything to do with you anymore". People know that's not what you want to hear, so no one posts a reply. It seems as simple and brutal as that. If you would strictly read the cards and then ask for opinions concerning your interpretation, I think you would get more feedback (definately don't stop submitting posts, I enjoyed reading what you had to say.) Best of luck with your relationship.

Your post was perhaps the most brutal but it was the most thought provoking at the same time. I thank you for your posting. It wasn't for naught and I've managed to leave this person out of my life.

Atalanta

I can understand needing a break, I just took a couple of weeks off to focus on some real life stuff. Maybe I was naive but I was surprised by how much mental energy it takes to give feed back or do exchanges.

I pretty much read anything that's posted but I generally don't respond to long readings (more than 5 cards) or postings without punctuation or formatting. I can't think of a subject that would be a turn off, the relationship ones are often the questions that burn with in us the most. I look for posts that either don't have any responses or have few responses otherwise it starts to feel like my post should be "what he/she said" rather than adding anything new to the conversation.

Lerena

I feel encouraged to reply to a reading if:
-I have enough experience to determine the answer

I feel discouraged from responding to a reading if:
-The same person keeps asking about the same thing
-I don't have enough experience to determine the answer
-There is one large, massive chunk of text that isn't broken down into paragraphs
-The person asking the question isn't using proper English
-I think my opinion is perhaps too harsh for the other person to hear. Sometimes I struggle with tact.

DDwarks

1. The layout
If it's 1 big block of infos with cards and their meaning in between, I don't bother. It hurts my brain just to look at it!

2. The amount of help already given.
If no one has helped, I usually try to chip in if I can.

3. Who they are.
The one's that ask over and over the same question but differently. They usually have had the help before but refused to accept/ believe/ move forward.
The one's that take but don't give back. My payment is the feedback thank you very much. I'm learning too!

4. How polite/ likeable they are (even seem!)
Sometimes you just don't feel it!

cbiz83

I join a discussion when:
- the person has tried to interpret the cards beyond a list of keywords
- I feel both the poster and I can grow from the exchange
- the post makes it clear the person hasn't already made up her/his mind about what the cards *should* say
- a similar view to my own hasn't yet been expressed

I am discouraged from contributing when:
- the poster has responded negatively to others
- the question seems beyond my skills (but I will follow these threads to learn/watch)
- the question is predicated on 'data' (time, numbers)
- the question is asking solely about a 3rd party

Barleywine

I've been evolving lately, stretching (well, maybe actually shrinking) myself into new areas. I try to jump on any Celtic Cross I see posted if it isn't too foreign to how I usually do them (that is, in position meaning and spread flow) since that has been my specialty for many years, but I always like the practice. Lately, however, I've been approaching three-card spreads because I've been working with elemental dignities and "facing." I still don't bother with single-card interpretations because the poster should be able to figure those out without my help. I also don't care much for psychological interpretations, preferring to look at action-and-event-oriented questions; so I don't contribute to very many "love" readings. Why try to guess how someone feels when you could just get up the nerve to ask them? (And those feelings may change overnight anyway.)