Has this happened to you? Rudeness!

gregory

Report to a mod if it gets really bad. They can see if one user has a real pattern of pulling this one, and act accordingly.

DDwarks

I totally understand where you're coming from.
Like the others have said, I have a blacklist for some members too. I like to offer the more complex type of readings because I need and want to learn but I soon got a reality check and started to filter out some members.
The thing to keep in mind is that you don't have to read for anybody you don't want to read for.
Check them out first. I do!
If I don't see any activity in "your readings", as in never helping anyone ever for nothing but feedback, I won't read for them.
Workout the type of sitters you are happy to read for and be prepared to change those criteria as you go.
Also the Mods on here are pretty good at their job. Any issues, PM them!

Moonlit Hermit

I haven't done a reading exchange here yet but I have offered tarot readings on other forums and there would often be people who asked for and received a reading and then gave me no responses, not even a thank you. I took it personally at first but then I enjoyed telling myself that my reading must have been so accurate that they were too scared to respond. Either that or it was so inaccurate that they thought I was a goofball.

think

I haven't done a reading exchange here yet but I have offered tarot readings on other forums and there would often be people who asked for and received a reading and then gave me no responses, not even a thank you. I took it personally at first but then I enjoyed telling myself that my reading must have been so accurate that they were too scared to respond. Either that or it was so inaccurate that they thought I was a goofball.

Or they were just rude and selfish! Still don't take it personally tho, some people are takers. :confused:

cbiz83

I've lucked out and had some excellent feedback and I always strive to engage everything I'm given when I get a reading from someone. It's really the magic of AT, I think. But like Grizabella says, there's that subset of people who are addicted to readings. I have had flakes on larger things. I get that life happens, but still...

IndigoWaves

There is a certain prolific reader who does that, I've discovered, and yes, it stings a bit... But my 'solution' is to exchange only readings with them, no feedback (which this person always offers as an option). This comes in handy for questions that are so speculative or personal that feedback would be either vague/useless or very awkward. I realize that we're not effectively 'learning' in this case, but it's only something that I do on occasion, anyway.

scorpiogirl

I enjoyed your responses. Don't get me started on those people that exchange but give you a 'fake' reading. But luckily it has only happened a few times most people on AT are amazing and gifted readers hence why I am still on this site .-). I sometimes check the Banned List like Grizabella mentioned, it's amazing how many of them get banned just for not giving feedback which is the simplest thing one can do and not to mention polite thing. This site is a learning & exchanging forum and to share knowledge. It's not get a free reading site!

3ill.yazi

I'm probably one of those people that has caused irritation, and apologies for that. I sometimes get overambitious and will sign up for an exchange and may forget to leave feedback. Life sometimes convenes. For me it is a mundane technical issue: I use the forum via a phone app, and if there isn't a direct message to me, things may get lost in the shuffle. I urge people to reach out if they have not heard from someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AraLuck

I have had a few occasions where it was skipped on shorter readings, and I don't remember it.... so it's kind of ok.

I have been using the reading exchange a lot too - so I do see a lot of the same people want to sit usually within minutes of me posting, and often with the same questions. So it does get annoying since they don't even remember asking as they've asked it so much ( I know I ramble on about the same thing a bit too - though ... lol). But one person for instance doesn't even give you a chance of replying, and just withdraws. That is even weirder for me... because it's just what someone has described on this thread, not being able to afford external readings and using this as the personal Tarot reading kitty. Other than not leaving feedback, I am not sure which is worse.

I wasn't comfortable with long spreads as am a new reader - so am doing them now and have had to remind some sitters to leave the feedback. This I find weird because who would forget a long spread? If you cannot digest it, why ask for it in the first place? That one is hard to digest for me!

Grizabella

You gave me a laugh here. You've got the ability to chuckle at yourself and I love that.

I'm probably one of those people that has caused irritation, and apologies for that. I sometimes get overambitious and will sign up for an exchange and may forget to leave feedback. Life sometimes convenes. For me it is a mundane technical issue: I use the forum via a phone app, and if there isn't a direct message to me, things may get lost in the shuffle. I urge people to reach out if they have not heard from someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You've never done it to me.

I want to stress here that by far, the overwhelming majority of the sitters in my Exchanges have been wonderful with giving me feedback. Not only that, but I'm considering seeing if they can be nominated for sainthood considering the long wait they usually have to get their readings. Especially lately because I've been working night and day on some wedding beadwork and it's kept me away from reading here.