Has this happened to you? Rudeness!

Achlys

I always give feedback and thanks for getting a reading even if it's an exchange. I hate when people ignore it. it's definitely rude. honestly I'd rather have a client complain than just ignore the reading entirely. that sounds strange to say but at least they're acknowledging it

Grizabella

In reality, all feedback is positive because nobody is so good that they always get readings perfectly right. Even negative feedback is helpful. If all we ever got is positive feedback, we'd never learn anything.

Debra

I resent when someone doesn't give feedback because they didn't bother to track the responses or have other things to do. I feel it is greedy. Everyone has other things to do! Feedback doesn't have to be immediate, but I feel it should be your first priority when you come on the forum. Some of us choose to interpret your cards because you asked for help and promised feedback. It's crappy to play around elsewhere on the forum and neglect the people who tried to help. I appreciate that the mods stay on top of this.

Bonny

I think it's happened to all on the AT site and likely to have been unintentionally done by all as well; if sufficent a number of readings have been engaged to show that there's human error.

danieljuk

This happens sometimes, contact a moderator of the exchange area if you are unhappy that it has not completed and they can do a gentle reminder to the person (and not say it was from you). It's easy to forget to come back to do feedback but I do think some people get many readings and then vanish (the moderators do tend to be all over them). I have found people never leaving feedback to be very rare in my exchanges but if they do to me, I put them on the ignore list and never read for them again or interpret their readings in the reading areas. Giving Feedback is a rule of the forum.

I think also if you do get feedback there is different types of it. Negative feedback can be very constructive, I learnt so much when a reading when wrong from me for someone on here and they wrote a critical piece of feedback. That was different to attacking me or being rude, it was negative but polite. Also you can get feedback which is just like "thanks" that is also not good enough in the feedback rules here.

Remember you don't have to read for someone again who hasn't left you feedback in the past.

Laurelle

Yes, it's probably a little rude, but people live in their own little self enclosed worlds. And that is especially true on the Internet where you can hide behind a user name.

You never know what someone is feeling, what they have on their plate and what is going on. They may have a lot more going on than the reading exchange. Children. Jobs. Life. Politics. Husbands. Wives. Family. or whatever can be distracting in the real world and pull us out of the virtual world very quickly.

Maybe they aren't even aware that you felt that their behavior was rude. And if they didn't know how you felt then you should just forgive them and let it go.

You can even PM them and ask them for feedback if it bothers you. I bet they didn't even realize what they did.

gregory

Yes, it's probably a little rude, but people live in their own little self enclosed worlds. And that is especially true on the Internet where you can hide behind a user name.

You never know what someone is feeling, what they have on their plate and what is going on. They may have a lot more going on than the reading exchange. Children. Jobs. Life. Politics. Husbands. Wives. Family. or whatever can be distracting in the real world and pull us out of the virtual world very quickly.

Maybe they aren't even aware that you felt that their behavior was rude. And if they didn't know how you felt then you should just forgive them and let it go.

You can even PM them and ask them for feedback if it bothers you. I bet they didn't even realize what they did.
I hate to say this, because while I agree up to a point, you have only to read the banned member thread to see how many people know PERFECTLY WELL what they did. And I have even seen threads where the offender said, more or less, why should I ?

Just because it's the internet does not mean manners can go out the window. Though I do think it has very much not helped with common courtesy...

Laurelle

I hate to say this, because while I agree up to a point, you have only to read the banned member thread to see how many people know PERFECTLY WELL what they did. And I have even seen threads where the offender said, more or less, why should I ?

Just because it's the internet does not mean manners can go out the window. Though I do think it has very much not helped with common courtesy...

I agree that some people just jump on the forum because they want their questions answered and are really just seeking free readings. And that is not nice and self absorbed because they are being one side.

I just wanted to offer a different perspective to try and seek a more balanced discussion. I spent almost 20 years in academia and discourse is a requirement. Especially the idea of seeing a perspective from more than one angle. There are case by case scenarios and the majority of non feedback users are knowingly not giving feedback, but we have to allow for the people who don't do it intentionally and are just caught up with life.

But you are right there are people, especially new readers who are definitely and blatantly disregarding feedback rules in order to get free readings. And you can usually tell who they are from the amount of posts they have and the amount of new threads that they start.

Internet etiquette is something that is ever evolving especially with Google now linking your phone number to your email. So the whole idea that you can be rude and disrespectful because you can hide behind a user name is becoming harder and harder.

chickeypie

I have had some bad experiences with this. A few times I have got rude feed back. Once someone asked about a romantic relationship and I got that the partner had discovered something they didn't like about the reader and was seriously considering their future. The subject replied I was totally wrong and did not return my reading. Another time I read on what someone thought of them and the reader left angry feedback. But in my defence they asked about other people's thoughts and feelings which only that person knows for sure.

I understand that sometimes you may not like the results of a reading, a few months ago someone gave me a very worrying reading with a warning. It shocked me and I needed some time to process it which meant I did did the return reading 3 days later after telling the reader I was upset and needed to process. However a one or two lines saying "You are wrong" in a rude way makes me want to not want to offer readings.

Another thing that is annoying is when someone offers a reading, I give them feedback and a return reading but the don't give me feedback. This happened twice this week for me.

Falcons + Pentacles

right there with you

hey scorpiogirl! I know exactly how you feel. This just happened to me. I did a free reading exchange through a different platform. I did a full celtic cross spread and spent like an hour going over the cards, writing out what I was seeing, all of that. Nothing came back. Not even a thank you, let alone advice on how I might improve, or if anything I wrote resonated at all. It can be frustrating, especially for us Scorpios, because we have a tendency to work deeply and thus highly value our contributions to others. It's easy to feel burned when others don't seem to recognize the effort and value that we bring.

Ultimately, I have to remind myself that it really doesn't matter what anyone else does, and if I choose to be irritated by this person's rudeness, it only really affects me in the end.

be well, fellow scorpio!!