Phone Tarot/Psychic Woes

Shushu

I didn't mean to make you feel bad - sorry if that was the case...

It's a great learning curve for standing in your truth when others have a different agenda than the one you see in the cards ;). I start with 3 cards & build from there, you still get the info. you need & you're not spending time constructing a layout. All some clients need is a listening ear rather than the reading & that can ease the pressure. Try not to take others attitudes to heart, it's them - not you *warm smile*

I've worked in shops as well, you could leave flyers with them, also leave flyers in laundromats & gyms - esp. all female gyms to start with. Large chain coffee shops sometimes have a noticeboard too... I got offered a space in a female gym & that was an interesting experience.

Putting ads in the paper can sometimes leave you open for the flakes & prank calls, & those who want free info. right away.

Oh no, I do like having some perspective. I don't know much tarot readers around me at all, save for ones I've seen since I don't read for myself most of the time. But thanks for all the suggestions! I will have a look there, and start thinking about flyers.

Now I will also ask the shops I know who have readers if I could try with them and hopefully if they are cash only, too! :) Thank you!

Holly doll

Put your name down in those shops you talked about - you may get called in as other readers become ill, take a holiday, leave, or relocate

Shushu

Put your name down in those shops you talked about - you may get called in as other readers become ill, take a holiday, leave, or relocate

I will definitely contact them today and give them a call :) Thanks so much for the advice! If you have any more tips, feel free to shoot!

brown.sugar

I'll say this from the client's perspective because I've made a number of these calls.

The shuffling should be quick - I get antsy when I feel like a full minute is going by on just shuffling.

If I'm told about one card that jumps out at them and how they're interpreting it, I'm likely to stay on the line if that seems on target. After that, I'm willing to be patient if I'm told "let me look a bit closer."

But yes, time is an issue and I'll usually hop off the call with a quick thanks once I get the advice/predictions I'm looking for.

The key is to be able to say a phrase early on that tells me you've connected to me in some way.

I recently did a phone reading with someone and I told her I lied about something to someone and she was able to tell me what I lied about. So even though she wasn't the most articulate and was actually kind of slow on reading her cards, I was more apt to stick with her because there's no way anyone could have simply guessed what I'd lied about without some sort of connection.

Shushu

I have put my name forward but sadly they're all full! Should I look for cafes, are there types of cafes that I should be aiming for?

brown.sugar, thank you for your feedback :) This helps greatly. I usually don't shuffle for more than ten seconds, since they are already shuffled and ready when I'm sitting.
But saying 'Let me look closer', seems like a good idea, I do get scared sometimes I'll be chastised if I 'look' too long.
I will do what I can to connect, I am Clairsentient, but I am still honing my ability through the cards and I mainly rely on the cards as they are what I do. I am learning about Oracles however..

Nineveh

Hey all! Recently I have started working, for the first time, at a psychic phone line as a Clairsentient and tarot reader. As much as I do love the flexibility and the comfort at home, I do find it a little constraining that callers expect you to have snap-instant answers for every question.

I do know the answers are there in the cards, but sometimes I really do wish I could just have a few good seconds to just look at the cards properly, patterns and energies (especially with larger readings), but they're quite impatient. I do know they pay for the time, but at the same time, just some time for me to truly observe a layout can make the reading more rich and insightful!

Has any phone/internet tarot readers/psychics ever been through this?

No, but I begin with a five card spread. I shuffle and cut my deck on the table or a piece of cardboard while asking the question. Hearing you cut and shuffle the cards while asking the question should help them with patience.

I don't spend a lot of time gazing over the cards because of the time constraints and I wouldn't want anyone doing it to me. If they can't wait for 10 to 30 seconds for you to look over the cards, you may want to advise them to speak with a psychic next time.

Shushu

No, but I begin with a five card spread. I shuffle and cut my deck on the table or a piece of cardboard while asking the question. Hearing you cut and shuffle the cards while asking the question should help them with patience.

I don't spend a lot of time gazing over the cards because of the time constraints and I wouldn't want anyone doing it to me. If they can't wait for 10 to 30 seconds for you to look over the cards, you may want to advise them to speak with a psychic next time.

That is a good idea! What do you usually do with the five-card spread? Do they have assigned positions and meanings?
I will do that, I hope some clients would not be as rude about it but I've had one recently who gave me the time to have a better look, just for a few seconds.

Michael Sternbach

Reading through this thread made it clear to me that I NEVER want to do readings over the phone (I have been toying with the idea). I have a therapeutic background and like to do readings in more of a meditative manner. So, other than face to face, I will stick with email readings, even though they are a lot of work to do thoroughly.

Does anybody here have experience with doing readings by Skype video call? That might be an alternative worth trying.

Shushu

Reading through this thread made it clear to me that I NEVER want to do readings over the phone (I have been toying with the idea). I have a therapeutic background and like to do readings in more of a meditative manner. So, other than face to face, I will stick with email readings, even though they are a lot of work to do thoroughly.

Does anybody here have experience with doing readings by Skype video call? That might be an alternative worth trying.

I have been thinking about leaving it. I just don't know what could replace it that would be steady enough for me to still keeping helping my family. Where do you do email readings? Is there a site that focuses exclusively on that?

Holly doll

I do that as well, I've found it's a great way to work - you're face to face so you can have an in depth & unhurried reading, the client has paid for a predetermined time-slot, so there's far less pressure to give a fast answer, as well as giving the client time to ponder & go into greater depth with their questions. Quite often I'll be in the middle of a reading, & the client will put their pet in front of the camera & ask about pet health issues :D

All you need worry about is wearing a nice top, making sure there's no spinach in your teeth, & that the area shown by the camera is tidy })

Quite often I'll be working with a client, only to have them put their pet in front of the camera & ask about pet health issues :D