The mystery of the tarot cards

lepleadian

I just joined this site yesterday. In my exploration, I found the Free Reading section and decided to try the one where you think of a question and click the link.

I asked what direction should I take my craft business? Things have been feeling scattered and Not Right for quite a while.

So I clicked and got...the Death card.

My first reaction was end the business? My next was the business will come to a natural end? My last was the business will end when I do, i.e., die?

As a reader, is the first impression usually correct? Or can the answer change upon further study? If I could get past this sort of thing, I would be a better reader.

If this belongs in a different thread, please let me know. Thanks!

yess wrong thread !! dont worry is a bit difficult at the beginning here to get used :D

Ruby Jewel

I just joined this site yesterday. In my exploration, I found the Free Reading section and decided to try the one where you think of a question and click the link.

I asked what direction should I take my craft business? Things have been feeling scattered and Not Right for quite a while.

So I clicked and got...the Death card.

My first reaction was end the business? My next was the business will come to a natural end? My last was the business will end when I do, i.e., die?

As a reader, is the first impression usually correct? Or can the answer change upon further study? If I could get past this sort of thing, I would be a better reader.

If this belongs in a different thread, please let me know. Thanks!

The best way I have found to answer that question is to keep a record. Write down the cards, spread, date and the interpretation. In a few months go back and read it, and perhaps the answer will be clarified. It happened that way for me recently....good way to learn the tarot also.

rubyyarn

Thank you, Ruby Jewel! I have a tarot journal somewhere, I'll dig it out. BTW, which is the right thread for questions of this sort?

Tychis

Thank you, Ruby Jewel! I have a tarot journal somewhere, I'll dig it out. BTW, which is the right thread for questions of this sort?

You could open a new post in the Your Readings forum if wanting to discuss that particular reading, or a post in Talking Tarot forum if wanting to discuss tarot interpretation and methods instead :)

In my experience, intuition and often first/innate feelings are key but I have to warn caution about using this when self-reading. The reason being our "ego", or rather feelings and fears get in the way of unbiased perception. As a result, we interpret with a bias to either our fears or desires, as it can be difficult to see the message without additional feedback. However, as Ruby says - you can take steps like those listed to better clarify the way ahead for your self-readings.

Death can also be seen as a new beginning, an end to something that doesn't suit you; rather than a literal end to the business. I.e., maybe your business isn't dying but rather, an aspect of it/yourself which is blocking you creatively will be broken down and you'll start out on a rejuvenating path.

I've always read intuitively for others, but I can't read intuitively for myself because of that self-clouding.

Ruby Jewel

You could open a new post in the Your Readings forum if wanting to discuss that particular reading, or a post in Talking Tarot forum if wanting to discuss tarot interpretation and methods instead :)

In my experience, intuition and often first/innate feelings are key but I have to warn caution about using this when self-reading. The reason being our "ego", or rather feelings and fears get in the way of unbiased perception. As a result, we interpret with a bias to either our fears or desires, as it can be difficult to see the message without additional feedback. However, as Ruby says - you can take steps like those listed to better clarify the way ahead for your self-readings.

Death can also be seen as a new beginning, an end to something that doesn't suit you; rather than a literal end to the business. I.e., maybe your business isn't dying but rather, an aspect of it/yourself which is blocking you creatively will be broken down and you'll start out on a rejuvenating path.

I've always read intuitively for others, but I can't read intuitively for myself because of that self-clouding.

What I found most interesting in going back to read a spread I had done back in December was what I had missed because I was focusing on the most obvious card: The Devil which kept coming up. When I looked back I saw other cards had come up a lot more than the Devil, but had not seen it because my ego was in the way and they seemed a lot less significant than the Devil. I remember I had decided the Devil must be me and my obsession with the issue. Well, once time had lapsed and I was egotistically free of the situation I was able to see much more accurately what the cards were saying.

Michael Sternbach

It's true, everybody can use Tarot cards - potentially. Also, everybody has psychic abilities - potentially. In actuality, NOT everybody even tries to get acquainted with those things; many even shy away from them. Those who do try are those who are ready for them according to their soul evolution. Looking at it this way, it's not surprising that they actually tend to be quite successful. Their horoscope charts will speak to this too.

So yes, Tarot readers and psychics are quite special people. ;)

Grizabella

I'd say Tarot readers and psychic abilities make individuals special, but I think all people are special but differently gifted so that doesn't make Tarot readers any more special than anyone else. They're just gifted in a different way.

Redfaery

I'd say Tarot readers and psychic abilities make individuals special, but I think all people are special but differently gifted so that doesn't make Tarot readers any more special than anyone else. They're just gifted in a different way.

This is how I feel as well. Not everyone has psychic abilities, IMO. In any case, you don't need to be psychic to read the Tarot, or even to read the Tarot *well*. It's a skill as well as an art.

rubyyarn

Tychis, thank you for your help. My question was more about interpretation, rather than the actual reading. I'm afraid my ego does get in the way and I wonder how to get around this. How can I ever read for someone else if I can't understand the answers I get for myself?

rubyyarn

What I found most interesting in going back to read a spread I had done back in December was what I had missed because I was focusing on the most obvious card: The Devil which kept coming up. When I looked back I saw other cards had come up a lot more than the Devil, but had not seen it because my ego was in the way and they seemed a lot less significant than the Devil. I remember I had decided the Devil must be me and my obsession with the issue. Well, once time had lapsed and I was egotistically free of the situation I was able to see much more accurately what the cards were saying.

Hi, Ruby Jewel,

I found my tarot diary today. Actually it reads like a bunch of gobbledegook, so I think my technique there needs some improvement :) Did you find that your readings became more accurate after using the diary for a while?