Ancient Italian Tarot

Le Fanu

Ok, what's so great about the AIT when compared with the Classical?

The images loom and fill the card. There are no 21st century additions to the front of the card (no keywords or borders or modern typeset). Authentic backs, lovely green Art Nouveau loops and swirls. Smudges and blotches are retained so it feels more like something off a printing press and not cleaned up with photoshop (or whatever they clean up historic images with...)

Great deck :thumbsup:

sapienza

faunabay said:
I got it!!!!!!!!! :bugeyed: I finally got my Ancient Italian!!! Debra is the best!!!! :*

And yes, I have to say you all are right. (everyone take a bow) It's beautiful! The embellishments on the minors are so much prettier. And while there are still a few Classical cards I like better in my initial flip through of the AT - mostly I like the AT better!

Alot of the people seem to have lipstick smeared all over their faces. LOL But the deck is just more appealing for some reason! It's softer than the Classical.

Yay! :D So glad you've finally got it, and even MORE glad you actually like it :) I agree with Le Fanu, it just 'feels' more like a true historical deck to me. I adore the borders, where I can't stand the borders on the Classical. And although the decks are very similar, the faces are quite different in the AIT and, in my opinion, more friendly :)

I hope you enjoy reading with it too.

emmsma

Wonderful news, faunabay! So glad it was worth all the effort.

Seems my Classic Tarot is going to be a no show. I've contacted Book Depository and am waiting for a response. Ordered on May 24. :(

Perhaps I should skip and go for the AIT!

sapienza

Or you could just get both.....

<quickly runs away>

emmsma

HAHAHA!

That is often how my cookie crumbles.

Off to start pricing the AIT.

Where is everyone finding the best price for this, these days?

sapienza

emmsma said:
Off to start pricing the AIT.

Where is everyone finding the best price for this, these days?

For me, the cheapest option was from Book Depository in the UK as they ship to Australia for free. Oh how I love the Book Depository....it has changed my life....and my bank balance :)

sapienza

My Ancient Tarot of Bologna arrived in the post this morning. I like it a lot more than I was expecting. Apparantly this deck was what the 1835 Soprafino deck was based on, which means it's also the basis for the Ancient Italian deck (just to make sure we are keeping on topic :)) It's really quite lovely. I could live without the blue dots on the sides, and yet they don't annoy me quite as much as I was expecting. The backs are wonderful. I can actually see myself reading with this deck. And the scary thing is, I've only had it a matter of hours and I'm already wondering if perhaps a back-up might be a good idea, considering it will no doubt soon be impossible to find :laugh:

emmsma

I ordered my AIT through Carte Karute, along with the Classic/Classical Tarot.

Can't wait to compare them.

(And when I saw you post in another thread a moment ago, sapienza, I was just waiting for you to come here!) :D

sapienza

Oh no, am I that predictable? :laugh:

Glad to hear you have ordered the decks. I'm sure you won't regret it, and if you do there will always be crazy people like me (and others whose names I won't mention) who will probably buy them off you :)

emmsma

Not predictable. Just me and wishful thinking. Hoping for new Italian news from my peeps.

(its ok to call you one o' my peeps, right?)