Which Edition of the Thoth Deck is This?

AJ

Looks like card stock rather than lamination, an early set? If anyone is thinking about bidding I'd ask them to count the cards, aren't there more than 76 cards in a Thoth deck?

Abrac

Hey fyreflye. Thanks for posting the link! It is the Sangreal One-Color Tarot published by Simpson Printing Company (now Harp Printing Company) of Dallas, Texas. It is the very first Thoth deck. There's a short article about it in The Encyclopedia of Tarot, Vol.3, pg.152. It says: "The edition consisted of about 250 decks, most of which were given away to friends and associates of the publisher." It says it was printed in the early 60s. It's nice to finally get a look at it. :)

Rusty Neon

Too bad the vendor isn't posting a scan of the front of the card. I've never seen a scan of the front or back of the cards from this deck before.

fyreflye

Rusty Neon said:
Too bad the vendor isn't posting a scan of the front of the card. I've never seen a scan of the front or back of the cards from this deck before.

There's a scan of The Fool card halfway down the page. Looks like the original Greenie.

Rusty Neon

fyreflye said:
There's a scan of The Fool card halfway down the page. Looks like the original Greenie.

Ah ... it's there now. For some reason, when I originally looked at the auction item, the Fool card scan wasn't there.

Rusty Neon

Mark of the beast

According to the auction notice, shipping costs (to Canada, at least) are $6.66.

ravenest

Rusty Neon said:
According to the auction notice, shipping costs (to Canada, at least) are $6.66.
:laugh:

Debra

I wrote asking to confirm the card count and told him that others would be interested as well to see if it's the full 78.

Quite a collector's item I imagine.

To my place it's only $5.60 so *whew* I would delay the rendezvous with his beastliness....

Debra

The seller e-mailed that he recounted and there are only 76.