The "Nicoletta Ceccoli Tarot" - Thoth Based Deck

SashaCY

I've never managed to love a Thoth-based deck more than the Thoth. Some are interesting. I am drawn to a number of them - the Liber T, the Via and the Magickal - but it's the Thoth I go back to again and again. I think only the Magickal has held my attention across the years, but not overtaken the Thoth.

I understand the case for fitting the Ceccolli into this framework, but at the end of the day I really can't see it. Plus the artwork was created before the tarot deck so the artist herself would have to be Thoth-obsessed in her artwork which LoS then snipped up in all the right places.

No, I take the Ceccolli on its own terms. And I love it for that. The deck is superb. For me, it is the best LoS deck in years. What I love about it is not having to fit it into any kind of scheme or system.

ETA; Zephyros - is that you closrapexa?

What is a LoS deck? (Sorry not familiar with the acronyms yet)
I love these discussions. I'm learning so much! Thank you all.

thorhammer

Lo Scarabeo is an (excellent) Italian publisher of Tarot and oracle decks. I didn't know they'd published a version of the Thoth either, so I've learnt something as well.

Zephyros

It can be difficult getting up to speed with abbreviations, but since they're used constantly you'll get it in no time. Look at this thread for a list of the most commonly used ones.

Lo Scarabeo is an (excellent) Italian publisher of Tarot and oracle decks. I didn't know they'd published a version of the Thoth either, so I've learnt something as well.

I think Le Fanu was talking about the Ceccolli. What with the whole OTO copyright issues, I highly doubt Lo Scarabeo publishes their own version. From what I've read, it's a miracle the deck is being published anywhere at all, by anyone.

Le Fanu said:
ETA; Zephyros - is that you closrapexa?

'tis I, I've turned into a Greek god. ;)

FLizarraga

They haven't. (Have they? :bugeyed:) What LeFanu is referring to is that all or at least most of the images in the Ceccoli deck are taken from existing paintings, not created specifically for a Tarot deck. They did a great job, IMHO. I don't know if they wanted to make a Thoth-leaning deck, but they sure made an interesting one.

thorhammer

They haven't. (Have they? :bugeyed:) What LeFanu is referring to is that all or at least most of the images in the Ceccoli deck are taken from existing paintings, not created specifically for a Tarot deck. They did a great job, IMHO. I don't know if they wanted to make a Thoth-leaning deck, but they sure made an interesting one.

I was skimming found a Thoth in their 2015 catalogue...but on closer inspection it's copyrighted to AGM and is the Italian edition. So I guess, reselling for their local market.

gregory

I was skimming found a Thoth in their 2015 catalogue...but on closer inspection it's copyrighted to AGM and is the Italian edition. So I guess, reselling for their local market.
They do a lot of reselling these days :)