Book of Law Study Group 1.24

Aeon418

Always Wondering said:
I simply meant I punched in the letters "light" into a calculater and it added up to 65.
That's where I got confused. 56/65. ;)

NU = 56
LVX = 65

ravenest

Always Wondering said:
:laugh:
I think you are giving me too much credit.

I simply meant I punched in the letters "light" into a calculater and it added up to 65.
Ermmm, sorry if I seem thick at the moment;
Gematria calculator? (In the words of a great aussie politician [and fish and chip shop owner]); Please explain?

Do you punch the letters of an English word in and it gives you a number without converting to Hebrew first? Is it numerology or gematria?

Yygdrasilian

Saturn Ascends

Aeon418 said:
The obvious way to view the 6 & 50 is as NU. Oddly enough the literal meaning of the Hebrew letters would be Fish Hook. That's also the meaning of the letter Tzaddi, which was originally attributed to Atu XVII The Star by the Golden Dawn.

But Nuit tells us that her word is 6 & 50. The word is the Logos. The creative manifestation of deity. (1:1 Had! The manifestation of Nuit.) Is anyone else thinking Star/Emperor at this point?
6 + 11 = 17
And when the Emperor is ready to take his proper place upon the Tree, it is as if the King fishing for his Star has caught something in the waters (glyph for Aquarius) below and is ready to reel it in. Similarly, One cannot bear the CUP for the Gods until The Star has also been rectified.

Ever wonder why that fish hook is sticking out of an Eye in The Universe/Saturn?
Or why Heh is the letter for both Mother & Daughter?

Aeon418 said:
Nun - Scorpio is directly opposite Vau
Fitting the STAFF inside the SPIRAL is akin to riding the TRIUMPHant Chariot of Antimony to One's Chymical Marriage.
It is why Mars/Ares & Venus/Aphrodite are said to be Lovers.
And it offers One a clue to comprehending the mystery of a Virgin birth.

Always Wondering

ravenest said:
Ermmm, sorry if I seem thick at the moment;
Gematria calculator? (In the words of a great aussie politician [and fish and chip shop owner]); Please explain?

Do you punch the letters of an English word in and it gives you a number without converting to Hebrew first? Is it numerology or gematria?

It's just been one of those days I should have spent mastering unspoken words, and numbers. :rolleyes:

I went here and started playing. It was fun. I got to star. :thumbsup:
http://www.thelemistas.org/Apps/gematria.html

No, I do not think you are thick headed. I just have my unique process. :| An overwhelmed, chaotic, intuitional style. :laugh: Plus, I suspect, a wing and a prayer. ;)

After tax season I will buy a book and let you guys straighten me out. :confused: If you can.
My dad was a math teacher. It's a long story.

AW

Always Wondering

Oh jeeze, I didn't kill this thread with my lousy math did I?

AW
PS
Yes, I know what the next verse says.:| :| :|
But I'll live through it. :laugh:

Beira

I find interesting the "fish-hook" thing..
The object in the Universe card is definitely a fish-hook, it doesn't look as a moon at all..
And AC talks quite a lot of Parcival and the Fisher King in the BoT..
Besides the meanings in the numbers 0.12 and 56, well explained be4 in this thread, I see here an allusion to the importance of feelings, often reduced to weaknesses, especially for man in the victorian era..
The teachings of the story of the Fisher King may be here underlined by Nuit, with the image of the fish-hook: maybe the king doesn't necessarily need a hero to save him: he could fish some hope in the water of his subconscious and re learn the importance of feeling and relationship with others..
Or maybe she is saying thet she is hereslf that savior, being the water and the subconscious forces that stir man's heart.
Nuit is everything and is feminine: there is no reason to emasculate the sensitive, intuitive part of ourselves (even if we are manly men of the Victorian era) because the result is a crippled being.
We must reckon the validity and goodness of feelings and make them part of ourselves again, so that to be whole and able to run our kingdom in a healthy, balanced way.