What is CURRENTLY on your Reading Table?

Scarlet Woodland

I have a little 4-drawer chest at a right angle to my seat on the sofa. The second drawer down is full of tarot decks, and my reading space is that drawer pulled out, with an A3 sketchbook wrapped in black, viscose satin, lain across it. Currently on there is:

The Sasuraibito tarot deck with four cards spread out
The Rosetta Papyrus tarot deck with another 4 cards spread out
The phonetic hieroglyph keycard for the Rosetta

The top of the chest serves as my altar/inadvertent dumping ground so on there we have:

Tarot of the Hidden Realm (Death card displayed)
Oracle of Shadows and Light (I Am Kali dislpayed)
Gods & Titans/Goddesses & Sirens Oracle (Osiris displayed)
Froud Faeries Oracle (The Faun displayed)
Fallen Angels Oracle (Gaap displayed)

Mary-El Tarot within easy reach as using
Halloween Oracle in box
Large amethyst and clear quartz specimens
Large ocean jasper
Large labradorite palmstone
All manner of other crystals, quartz points and the odd fossil
Lovely big, rough, malachite dish thing from my dad filled with rings
A couple oracle companion books covered in silver and crystal jewellery
Practical Magic aura spray
Cleansing and Blessing aura spray
Carved wolf pen
Sally Hansen Pearly nail polish with gold shimmer (when did you get there?)
Tweezers (because, post 30 I find I can't be more than 2 feet from a pair at any time :D)
Pile of liquid lipstick I ordered from Amazon ages ago and still haven't opened, much less worn
Gothic lacy wrist cuffs that seemed like a good idea at the time
Empty, organza and velvet jewellery bags
A haunted house snow globe that snows bats
A carved serpentine, ball, within a ball, within a ball type affair
My grandmother's jewellery box
Small, round, Japanese(?) style painted box from hubby full of my navel bars
Round, turned wood box, made by my great uncle, full of more rings
Small, clear quartz Ganesha
Bronze and black feather quill in stand, with pointing finger nib
BPAL postcard - vintage, B & W photo of naked witch riding a broom
Wooden box with tile lid from hubby... er, completely forgot that was there. More jewellery?
Stuffed, Christmas moose hanging decoration. I really have no explanation for that one
Wooden, Easter chick box with rings I don't wear any more in it
A pair of reading glasses
A bag of palo santo sticks
A couple sewing threads and some olive lace for tarot bags I haven't made yet
A piece of note paper with bills vs bank account calculations and some swearing on it

Remind me how I ever find anything?!

HearthCricket

Over the past few years my dining room table has become my reading and working table for all sort of things. Each side devoted to something, so a potpourri of things gather here.

Silk flower centerpiece
2 brass candlesticks with creamy coloured candles
Medium sized cauldron with sand and cone incense
Plate with incense holder and stick of Frankincense
Hourlgass
Shell with Palo Santo stick
Marble Mortar and Pestle
Empty jars waiting for herbs
Spell bottle charging up
Storm water
4 mugs with coloured pencils in them
2 colouring books
2 books on Druidry
Book on Norse Mythology
Set of dice
Bowl of bones for casting
3 spell/mirror books
Tarot Journal
Horseshoe waiting to be hung over door
Lace tablecloth
Tapestry styled spread cloth
Serpentine bear figurine
Carved Buddha
Deer Antler
4 Pinecones
Clear quartz point
Aztec Skull (resin, not real!)
Nature Whispers Oracle
Mystical Wisdom Oracle
Mystic Faeries Tarot and companion book
Green Witch Tarot
6 ritual candles waiting their turn

And if I am not mistaking, a bottle of bubbles to blow bubbles with and do some bubble magic!

:D

EmpyreanKnight

I have a separate altar-of-sorts and I read in my all-purpose table or bed, so in my reading place there are pillows, throw pillows, tissue, smartphones, and my laptop.

Morwenna

A haunted house snow globe that snows bats

Stuffed, Christmas moose hanging decoration. I really have no explanation for that one

Remind me how I ever find anything?!

I want one of those "snow" globes! :D And my Christmoose is put away for the season... this year... :rolleyes:

Still pondering using this desk, at least part of the time... I'm pretty sure I'll do my Deck-of-the-Week here.

IndigoViolet

Here is where I read my tarot cards at night

- Plenty of Relax bear (rilakkuma) plushies that perhaps occupied more space than I do. I hug them when I read my tarot cards.
- A bag with either a Thoth deck, or Lost tarot of Nostradamus if needed
- Note books
- A few bathroom towels
- Fake candles
- Battery
- Bible
- Table lamp
- Packaged coffee drink with condensed milk
- A decorative flask
- Alarm clock
- White chocolate

Thoughtful

My reading table when l read for others is in my therapy/reading room. It has a beautiful white, silver streaked Buddha that holds a candle, a large amethyst cluster and two tall Celestine pillar crystals. And of course my Roots of Asia cards.
When reading for myself it can be on my lap in the lounge, nice and comfy with my two little dogs either side of me, and where l also have another Buddha my daughter bought for me which l treasure.

Signy

I live on the edge on the desert and I've found plenty of wonderful things that I can pick up during my daily dog walks. The really neat stuff ends up on my table. I've got a rock that has a fern fossil in it, pieces of sun-bleached sagewood, desert willow twigs, dried creosote sprigs (these smell so great), cactus needles in a matchbox, a little vial of sand - that kind of thing.

For really personal or emotional readings, I add sentimental objects that I keep on the ready. A pin that was my grandmother's that came from Ireland and has a sprig of clover pressed inside. A clay medallion with the paw prints of a beloved pet that passed away. An antique key I found as a girl and wore around my neck for years.

Barleywine

Got something new for my reading table. Most people buy quartz crystals for the purpose, but I find mine on the side of the road during our daily walks. I figure I'll put them on the table for my public readings, and when a client gets a "problem" card I'll stick it between the two and say "Look like you're between a rock and a hard place." :D

The background picture isn't part of my table, it's some of my daughter's college artwork from ten years ago.

I wasn't able to embed these for some reason; I think Photobucket changed something. Links will have to do.

Annabelle

Right now, my reading table is a bit of a mess -- a laptop and webcam that I use for webconferencing, some coloring supplies, and a few tarot decks that I haven't yet logged in my collection spreadsheet.

But I don't usually read at my "reading table" anyway -- not unless I'm reading for a friend.

I normally read while in my comfy chair in the living room. To that end, the Legacy of the Divine tarot is in its normal spot on the end table next to my chair :).

Disa

Well, I'm not sure this is what you had in mind when you asked the Q, but here IS what's currently on my reading table:

I'm trying to do the Lenormand Course

Attachments

• TomLenormand.jpg
    TomLenormand.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 131