Aleister crowley's Big-screen play split from 'Aleister Crowley Thoth Deck' thread

Dean

U.k

Well i still think actor Stephen fry has more wit and humour in his little finger then Johnny Depp, although after watching him in that film you could be right. Haha

gregory

If it were going to be a GOOD film (which I doubt very much, if they are showing the wrong deck....) I'd like it to be :love: Alan Rickman :love: - he would be brilliant. But if it's going to suck, I wouldn't want his name associated with it; he's never been in rubbish yet. My hero.... Sigh.... (cheers up in spite of shingles !)

PS crumbs. Just went to that website.
The action/adventure screenplay written by Crowley and occult expert and author Lon DuQuette and Cinemagic founder Jim Bratkowsky is based on actual characters and events surrounding the destruction of Edwardian England’s most powerful and notorious magical societies.
How did this combo manage to write a screenplay ? I am getting a very bad feeling. (They don't mean that - which is an example of how sloppy it looks! If you go to the main site, there's more....)

It also says
The film brings to the screen young Crowley’s magical training, experiments with demons and shapeshifters, and the lessons he needs to battle some of the most famous and powerful magicians in England, including Bram Stoker, creator of Dracula, Florence Farr, the most glamorous and famous actress of the London stage and Irish poet William Butler Yeats.
Nothing suggests the Sangreal deck here. But maybe they could show Yeats' deck - I always wanted to see that..... not that I thought Yeats was a magician - he was just a member of the Rosicrucians. It sounds worse the more I read.....

roppo

oh...Crowley on screen? well, well!

I want to see A.E.Waite who speaks that strange language which is not unlike Latinized English. I recommend Mike Myers in his role (might be better for Crowley himself?) If the movie is going to be a serious one, I expect Althea Gyles on screen.

Sophie

Julianne Moore would make a fetching and intelligent Florence Farr...but again, not if the production is going to be a dud!

Dean

U.k

Anyway here is some more details for the film - Revolt of the Magicians*
This is the same website looking for Actor's to play the role of A.Crowley, which as listed some of the Actor's they were intreseted in.

http://www.revoltofthemagicians.com/contest.html

Lillie

The thing with Stephen Fry is that he is so Stephen Fry.
I don't think I could get past that. I've never seen him being anything other than himself (especially as Jeeves)
And that nose! How did he do that?

Depp. I would have said no, but having recently seen fear and Loathing, and trailers for the Libertine, well, I guess he could be just about anyone!

My choice?
No idea.

If this film is the death of the golden dawn, then it has to be young Crowley, not Toad Crowley.

Really I'd like to see someone English play the part of the worlds greatest Englishman (Forget Nelson, he just played with boats) But I'm biased.

I'll hate the film anyhow, so it don't really matter.

Dean

U.k

Well i'm not really sure about Depp could pull it off, he's just not Humorous enough for me, and i have seen The 9th Gate and i wasn't impressed with his acting in that film.

I think maybe Sean Bean the English actor might be a better choice, but he can be abit aggressive in his acting. And i was joking about Stephen fry your right i couldn't get past him playing that role although he was good at using his sharp wit when playing Oscar Wilde.

Lillie

Mr Bean?
No, he'll always be Sharpe. Rough and northern.
Not nearly posh enough.

Yes, 9th gate wasn't Depps best (to me). But he was very pretty in it.
From other films it does seem he can act.

I suppose some unknown would avoid all this. But would they be able to act?

ShekinahMoon

roppo said:
oh...Crowley on screen? well, well!

I want to see A.E.Waite who speaks that strange language which is not unlike Latinized English. I recommend Mike Myers in his role (might be better for Crowley himself?) If the movie is going to be a serious one, I expect Althea Gyles on screen.

Mike Myers as Crowley? Myers does not have enough depth to bring to screen the tormented battle that raged within Crowley's soul.

ShekinahMoon

Deanres said:
Anyway here is some more details for the film - Revolt of the Magicians*
This is the same website looking for Actor's to play the role of A.Crowley, which as listed some of the Actor's they were intreseted in.

http://www.revoltofthemagicians.com/contest.html

After going to that link and looking at those comparison pictures of Crowley and Jude Law...I vote for Jude Law. Can he act though?