Tabula Mundi Tarot: formerly Tarot "M"

AJ

re Pricing, you said
I hope to offer the color decks with foil at $39.93, the black & white decks at $19.04, the wooden boxes if purchased separately at $39.93 and the extra transparent card overlay for the black & white decks at $2.22. If you purchase the deluxe edition that combines both decks, the extra card, and the wooden box into one bundle, the price is reduced to $93.93 , a 7.11% discount.

you said above, getting back to painting the minors

So the approximate prices you are thinking about are all in reference to Majors only decks?

sorry to be dim, it is a cross I bear unhappily...

Babalon Jones

Hi AJ

These are referring to two versions of the decks, both of which are large format just over postcard size (ie 4x6.25 inches) Major Arcana decks, each with a different extra card that is signed and numbered. The color version has silver foil on the two attribution symbols on each card, while the black and white version does not but has one more card with a tree of life diagram with the tarot path attributions that the color deck does not have. So color deck has 23 cards and black and white 24. Sorry if that was not clear.

The wooden boxes have the card back design wood burned into them, and are stained and polyed and have a silk ribbon lining. They are large enough to hold both versions of the deck.
Hope this helps!

ZKEI

It sounds reasonably good to me, compared to other Major only decks that (do not come with silver foil and) are available recently.

Wishing to order one soon.

:)

PS.
I'm just wondering how many decks will be available.

Babalon Jones

It sounds reasonably good to me, compared to other Major only decks that (do not come with silver foil and) are available recently.

Wishing to order one soon.

:)

PS.
I'm just wondering how many decks will be available.

Hello Zkei,

The editions will both be in the 400's. I just have to get them here and inspect them, and cull out any that got corners crunched in transit. As sometimes happens. Even though the printers pack them well, Fed Ex occasionally delivers a box that looks like a gorilla jumped on it. Any that I remove from the editions I'll keep as spares or frame.

I actually have this idea in my head of framing a set of each together under glass in a tree of life pattern. Just to hang on my wall :)

And the good news is, I think I will be offering lower prices on the boxes and on the deluxe set of both versions than I was previously thinking, at least temporarily. Since I want them to go out into the world and be used, at least for the first buyers I'm going to offer them at very much lower prices.

I do think they are worth the higher price, and especially since there are only about 100 of the boxes and I'll probably not do it again considering all the work. But I'd rather see them cherished in a good home than being stored, so be looking for a good deal to be available when they first go up for sale on the 29th.

daphne

I am so glad to hear the news, that means maybe I can afford a box too, not only the deck. Looking forward for the end of the month.

Babalon Jones

silver foil pic

Hey I am super happy to say, I got the color decks today and I am so glad I got the foil symbols done!

They look amazing. The foil symbols are just ever so slightly embossed into the card stock, just a tiny bit sunk into the paper where the die I guess pressed the silver metal foil into the card. They catch the light and reflect colors like a mirror when the light hits them right. I'm really having a hard time taking a picture that does the beauty of them justice though. I don't have a good camera. I tried with two different cell phones, one of which is probably 10 years old so...

I love that it is real silver embossed into the card, just because symbolically silver being a conduit for the subconscious. To me it means the symbols will connect, reflect the light, from conscious to subconscious as I study.

But here are a couple pictures that sort of show the foil. Sorry if they are a little blurry. These are by no means glamour shots, lol. I hope to get someone to take better pictures for me to use on the website to show them off.

The last pic just shows one of each version of the decks next to each other, with my dorky-but-cool die cast aluminum mathematical models around them :)

The printers really did a great job with the colors, they are so rich. I'll post pictures of them all laid out soon.

I'm going to do a reading with them tonight for the Equinox. So glad they got here today; perfect timing!

Attachments

• foil priestess gimel.jpg
    foil priestess gimel.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 105
  • foil adjustmt.jpg
    foil adjustmt.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 99
  • foil libra.jpg
    foil libra.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 96
  • fool foil symbol.jpg
    fool foil symbol.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 96
  • 2 decks.jpg
    2 decks.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 96

daphne

They look really professional, good printers you got there!

starlightexp

OMGGGGG I can't wait. It will be only the third deck I have found that I want to add to my collection this year

Bluefeet

The silver foil and the backs are gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous :heart: Very happy for you that everything has turned out great!

Babalon Jones

thanks very much!

I have been working like a demon trying to write the LWB, just so there is a little something to explain the symbolism even if it is not as extensive as the full book I can imagine existing someday. Words are more difficult for me to conjure, so hopefully I can finish it in time. I will have to print and manufacture it myself though, running out of time for anything else. It is amazing how long it takes me to put thoughts to paper, I am really in awe of authors and people who it comes easy to. It is weird, I have the ideas and the archetypes snd the concepts envisioned in full but my brain rebels against the discipline to refine them and restrict them to word form.