Yes/No Tarot doesn't work (?)

kalliope

But of late, I pull cards asking about the chances/odds of this thing happening/working out and based on it, I try to get a Yes or no out of it. That method also works :) Like if you get all positives but the quint is Death, I would be inclined to think it might happen, but no, not right away. That kind of thing.

For myself, I tend to do something similar: "What is the likelihood that X will happen?" or "What are the chances that I can achieve this if I do that?" or "How likely is it that I'll be happy taking this action?"

And then I usually pull three cards, and read them along the lines, of "probably looking pretty good if XYZ remains true," or "eh, not unless you do ABC..." or "probably not, because of 123..."

I find that more useful and accurate than a pure yes/no, since I agree that tarot isn't omniscient (aka I'm not), and that the course of things can change. This way of asking allows my intuition to read the signs showing where things are currently headed and why, and to go from there.

Teheuti

For myself, I tend to do something similar: "What is the likelihood that X will happen?" or "What are the chances that I can achieve this if I do that?" or "How likely is it that I'll be happy taking this action?"

And then I usually pull three cards, and read them along the lines, of "probably looking pretty good if XYZ remains true," or "eh, not unless you do ABC..." or "probably not, because of 123..."

I find that more useful and accurate than a pure yes/no, since I agree that tarot isn't omniscient (aka I'm not), and that the course of things can change. This way of asking allows my intuition to read the signs showing where things are currently headed and why, and to go from there.
I agree. As Stephen Hawking describes in a chapter on prediction based on the laws of quantum physics and wave theory - it's all about probabilities. Even magic seems to work that way - it's about stepping consciously into the probability current and working with the most likely waves. Tarot can be very good at helping us become aware of those probabilities.

SunChariot

Hi everyone,

I've experimented with the Yes/No tarot and although it has worked there has been a time it hasn't. Obviously, if it doesn't work once, one might as well consider it won't work at all.

But I'm curious if there's more to it.

What are your experiences with yes/no questions? Have you been successful 100% of the time?

Thanks!

BEM

Experiences of different readers may vary. But it doesn't work for me personally. I tried to get it to work for a long time and whenever I asked a yes/no question I would get random cards, as if the card refused to answer.

I got really frustrated one and can literally asked "Will yes/no questions ever work for me?" I got a NO. That was when I knew they were not right for me. The answer could not have been more clear that that.

Of course sometimes the answer is not a strict yes or no. Sometimes it is a maybe, or yes if this happens and no if that happens...when what will happen is not sure yet. So at the very least I think you would need a yes/no/maybe option. Otherwise how could the cards answer if the answer is not yet certain?

But yeah, my cards clearly told me yes/no questions will NEVER work for me so that is when I stopped using them.

Babs

Babs

Thoughtful

l have not found that the tarot can give yes/no answers however it can indicate possible outcomes.
l use the Psycards for yes/no questions, l like that they are a little bit tarot, a little bit oracle, a little bit Lenormand. They also have cards with titles YES,NO,NEVER, NOW. Should these particular cards not show up in a three card reading where the questioner wants a yes/no l read the cards anyway as it maybe the answers should stay unknown for the moment, and something more important needs to be said.
l do find them spookily accurate and use them sometimes as a three card overall added insight to finish a tarot reading.

http://www.psycards.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Psy-tar.png

Barleywine

l have not found that the tarot can give yes/no answers however it can indicate possible outcomes.
l use the Psycards for yes/no questions, l like that they are a little bit tarot, a little bit oracle, a little bit Lenormand. They also have cards with titles YES,NO,NEVER, NOW. Should these particular cards not show up in a three card reading where the questioner wants a yes/no l read the cards anyway as it maybe the answers should stay unknown for the moment, and something more important needs to be said.
l do find them spookily accurate and use them sometimes as a three card overall added insight to finish a tarot reading.

http://www.psycards.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Psy-tar.png

I intend to pick this deck up before long. I've already had some exposure to it via another thread, and also noticed its multiple "flavors."

Thoughtful

Its a good little deck Barleywine l don't think you will be disappointed. If you go to their website you can find a lot of info which may help give you the flavour of the cards and help you to decide.

Psycards.com

kalliope

I agree. As Stephen Hawking describes in a chapter on prediction based on the laws of quantum physics and wave theory - it's all about probabilities. Even magic seems to work that way - it's about stepping consciously into the probability current and working with the most likely waves. Tarot can be very good at helping us become aware of those probabilities.

Yes, I really connect to the idea of probabilities being the way of physics, prediction, and the possibilities of magic.