One card to describe your reading style

seedcake

Mostly, Queen of Cups - getting in touch with emotions, so sometimes my messages are getting a bit blurry and criptic. But when I start to read, I like to go with the flow.

Hanged Man - first Major which came to my mind. I'm still learning and sacrificing myself for the knowledge. I want to know so much, not always with the specific system. I want to be more open with the intuition and psychic impressions. I'm not sure if I make any sense, but for sure, it's very Hanged Man attitude.

SunChariot

If you had to choose one Tarot card to describe the way that you read, what would you pick and why?

I think that for myself, I would go with the Hierophant. I like traditions and systems, and I bring that attitude very much to Tarot reading. Plus, the grounded, practical energy of Taurus is linked to my views on what Tarot is and what it can do, and I like the general image of consultation and seeking that's associated with this card.

Others? I tend to ask this question early on when I meet someone who reads Tarot, and I've gotten a lot of the Star and the High Priestess. Still, I'd be interested to see what other ATers have to say on the matter.

DEFINITELY The High Priestess, which is also my Tarot Soul Card and a card I really identify with. I read very intuitively and that is the card that represents the intuition for me. Also the way I read I have to sense who to draw up my clairs that are hidden inside me, to sense how to access inside me that connection to that which knows the answers from deep inside me. There is no book on how to do that, we do that from the hidden parts inside us.

Also, but to some extent, The Empress as it is all about focusing on the other, the querent, putting their needs first, making them feel better and give them what they need....being nurturing to them.

Babs

MandMaud

I love how many different answers there are here, and all the explanations!

For me, the Magician. I use intuition, rules, compassion, and I suppose values is the way I'd put it, feeling for the querent's priorities rather than making assumptions.

I'm aware this is very like what Tanga says about Temperance:
I use all the tools I have - deductive reasoning, intuition, added "allies" in the form of other divination formats (oracle decks, L-rod, crystals etc.) - aiming to blend all into a formula for each individual.
but for me there's also a lot of "doing", a lot of choosing. I'm not a blank slate and I don't bother to blend very much, I simply throw a list of stuff at the querent. I'm conscious of making decisions about whether to share particular details, whether the querent is in a place to understand this or that specific point. (And if the mixture in those flasks goes boom, I don't want to be standing with my face right over them like Temperance!*)

And the Magician is clever and I use the cleverness side of myself in reading. My Air side decide how all the parts of me work and when to allow which to lead.

And I confess to enjoying the reactions, so that's showmanship too. ;)

* I do know someone who lost his eyebrows once to an experiment, in his garden shed.