DECK OF THE MONTH: APRIL

merissa_88

Hi everyone!

Theme TBA (if anyone has an idea, let me know)

Please feel free to join me and I'll add your name, deck, and "project" for the month!

Feel free to post readings in this forum: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=195268

WELCOME!

Please post a comment to include the deck or decks you will be focusing on this month (feel free to join in at any point in the month).

Please feel free to post any questions, comments, concerns and advice inquiries in this thread. It belongs to all of us!

Most importantly, have fun!

*** WHEN POSTING ABOUT YOUR DECKS IN THIS THREAD PLEASE POST THE NAME OF YOUR DECK(S) THAT YOU ARE USING ON THE "TITLE" LINE FOR EASY REFERENCE***
Rose Lalonde: Thoth Tarot and Tree of Life study
Lycanthrope: Cosmic Tarot
Madame Squee:Tarot of of the Zirkus Magi and Tea Cup Cards, combining decks for readings
merissa_88: Goddess Tarot (Waldherr) and Goddess Tarot Workbook

Rose Lalonde

Thoth

I'm in with the Thoth. Thanks!

More reading this month, and I think I'll start a daily draws thread. I've also been laying out 36 cards in their Tree of Life positions for each suit, and that's been helping to understand connections, so I'll keep doing that.

Rose Lalonde

Thoth

--double post--

Lycanthropos

Cosmic Tarot

I'm shifting back to the Cosmic Tarot and would love to join the group with this.

I took a break from it for 'Deck of the Week' with the Fenestra Tarot, and will finish that up on Friday, then it's back to the Cosmic. I really love the imagery of the deck and have been enjoying working with it. I definitely need to spend more time with it, though.

Madame Squee

Tarot of the Crone and Tea Cup Cards

Okay (taking a deep breath)...

If you guys will have me back after my disappearance in February(?), I'm in with the Tarot of the Crone and Tea Cup Cards (by Paris Debono).

My project will consist of using one deck or the other to augment readings with the first, in order to clarify and mine for more information. I plan to practice with the cards every day and write up a reading at least once per week for posting on AT.

Using more than one deck in a reading isn't something I normally do. However, ever since last week when I stumbled into the synergistic effect of combining the Tarot of the Crone and the Tea Cup Cards, I feel compelled to follow these two wherever they will lead me.

If you guys you won't have me back, though, I guess I'll go eat worms.* :bugeyed:

Squee:D

*Nobody likes me, everybody hates me,
Think I'll go eat worms.
Big fat juicy ones, Eensie weensy squeensy ones,
See how they wiggle and squirm.

Chomp off their heads and squeeze out the juice
And throw their tails away
Nobody knows how I survive
On worms three times a day.

(Thanks for the lyrics go to http://kids.niehs.nih.gov/games/songs/childrens/think_ill_go_eat_worms.htm)

merissa_88

If you guys will have me back after my disappearance in February(?), I'm in with the Tarot of the Crone and Tea Cup Cards (by Paris Debono).

My project will consist of using one deck or the other to augment readings with the first, in order to clarify and mine for more information. I plan to practice with the cards every day and write up a reading at least once per week for posting on AT.

If you guys you won't have me back, though, I guess I'll go eat worms.* :bugeyed:

Squee:D

*Nobody likes me, everybody hates me,
Think I'll go eat worms.
Big fat juicy ones, Eensie weensy squeensy ones,
See how they wiggle and squirm.

(Thanks for the lyrics go to http://kids.niehs.nih.gov/games/songs/childrens/think_ill_go_eat_worms.htm)

Welcome back Madame Squee! Once again, cool decks and project for this month!

Please don't eat worms (unless you really want to!) Happy holiday or weekend!

merissa_88

I'm in with the Thoth. Thanks!

More reading this month, and I think I'll start a daily draws thread. I've also been laying out 36 cards in their Tree of Life positions for each suit, and that's been helping to understand connections, so I'll keep doing that.

Welcome back Rose Lalonde! That sounds very interesting. I'm so plugged into astrology with the Thoth that I forget about the Tree of Life. Hope you enjoy it.

merissa_88

I'm shifting back to the Cosmic Tarot and would love to join the group with this.
I really love the imagery of the deck and have been enjoying working with it. I definitely need to spend more time with it, though.

Welcome back Lycanthropos! That Cosmic Tarot is so beautiful. I don't own it but almost got it a few times.

merissa_88

Goddess Tarot

Well, I am in this month with the Goddess Tarot by Kris Waldherr. I'm pairing it up with the workbook that goes with the deck. I have not spent much time studying the workbook and look forward to journaling with it.

I've worked with this deck for years and know the imagery very well. However, in the last two years I have shifted my focus. I used to see this deck as an RWS clone. I now connect more with the goddess energies in the deck. So I'm looking forward to understanding the 4 main goddess energies that inform the minors: Freyja/Emperor (Wands), Isis/Magician (Swords), Venus/The Lovers (Cups), Lakshmi/Fortune (Pentacles).

Rose Lalonde

Welcome back Rose Lalonde! That sounds very interesting. I'm so plugged into astrology with the Thoth that I forget about the Tree of Life. Hope you enjoy it.

I like the interplay between the two in the Thoth, but I'll admit it's Wang's The Qabalistic Tarot that first pulled me in. Then there's Thelema in the cards on top of that... A big learning curve for me.

Well, I am in this month with the Goddess Tarot by Kris Waldherr. I'm pairing it up with the workbook that goes with the deck. I have not spent much time studying the workbook and look forward to journaling with it...

I have geek love for workbooks. Active learning always helps me get a better handle on ideas that I thought I understood from reading alone. I hope it makes for a great month. :)

Welcome back! :thumbsup: I'm sure we'll have you, so the worms can breathe easy. (Or, since they don't have lungs, I guess they can just take in oxygen through their skin easy.)