Favourite Death Card.

Padma

Mine is the Daniloff Tarot Death card :) there is just something about the feather hat and the pet rat that I find endlessly amusing! Plus he kind of reminds me of Eddie Munster from the Munster's tv show from the 1960's. :)

Attachments

• death daniloff (337x640).jpg
    death daniloff (337x640).jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 136

JackofWands

I've never thought of the fish as Nun - but Ofcourse!
Leading onto the thought - Nun/Naunet is my patron Deity (I'm Wiccan). But that would then be the snake as Nun, and a frog would be the correct representation of Naunet (combined, they are a Sacred Androgyne).

It's entirely possible that this interpretation of the card is a solid one, although I don't know enough about Kemetic mythology to say. However, I'm pretty sure that the "Nun" in discussion here is the Hebrew letter (נ) and its place on the Kabbalistic Tree of Life, not the deity. The letter is written on the bottom of the card, along with the symbol for Scorpio.

Madrigal

I like the interpretation in the Rosetta Tarot. Something about the movement of the fish, its wonderful palette of blues and greens and its intimate relationship to the black-grey skeleton all pulled together by the Caduceus or double Kundalini depending on your interpretation echoed in the sparkly DNA strand to the right. Sooo much to work with in this card!

A few others...Vision Quest has an evocative take on it. Druid Craft's is graceful and feminine and Illuminati Tarot's view on Death is rather sumptuous.

Tanga

It's entirely possible that this interpretation of the card is a solid one, although I don't know enough about Kemetic mythology to say. However, I'm pretty sure that the "Nun" in discussion here is the Hebrew letter (נ) and its place on the Kabbalistic Tree of Life, not the deity. The letter is written on the bottom of the card, along with the symbol for Scorpio.

You're quite right JackofWands - Barleywine did mean the Hebrew letter.
I was just fired off on a tangent. And Nun/Naunet being the "primordial waters of chaos" could quite nicely fit here.
Lol.

Whole new idea to contemplate arising here...
and would explain a nameless thing that has been intangibly floating around in my awareness about this Deity...

Huh - you guys are so cool!

Padma

A few others...Vision Quest has an evocative take on it. Druid Craft's is graceful and feminine and Illuminati Tarot's view on Death is rather sumptuous.

I also like the Illuminati Death card...

Nemia

Thoth, Golden and Anna K. - very different but each of them very special.

PirateQueen

Im rather fond of the Valkyries as Death in the Vikings Tarot.

Featherflight

So far, i love the depiction in the Shadowscapes tarot. It speaks to me of death and rebirth. That life can come from ashes and death is transformation.

Clockwork Ghost

The Death card in the Vertigo Tarot, because I love the Sandman graphic novels. Either that, or Death from the Deviant Moon.

Attachments

• vertigo-01040.jpg
    vertigo-01040.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 90

alan

death

The Vieville death card for me and also death from the 1jj.