Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 191 : March 28 - April 3

BodhiSeed

The good thing about this group is that you can go through all your decks, spend time with them, and figure out if they're worth keeping. The bad thing is that it can also be very enabling! :laugh:

swedishfish612

Yeah, I remember when I first started doing DoTW, I thought it would help me pare down my collection. The joke was on me! I have bought so many decks thanks to these threads. Even with decks I didn't like, I ended up keeping most of them so that I give them another go some other week in the future.

Madrigal

Really, this whole site is one giant Enabler lol.

I'm very much enjoying my time with my Hanson-Roberts deck. I'm down with a bad cold and for today's 'Roots and Branches' spread I drew Temperance and the Eight of Wands. As I was shuffling, the question formulating was something along the lines of what healing energy do I need to draw from and what do I need to reach for. Pretty nice response from this deck.

I was very aware of the presence and complete focus the angel was bringing to pouring the healing water into the chalice. And in those beautiful, blooming eight Wands zooming through the air I was drawn to the blossoms on the ends of them. Practically speaking I read this as healing will be faster if I focus on staying completely present to what my body needs, that the cold will pass quickly with this kind attention to balance and detail. But I felt as if some wise woman had just poured me a cup of hot, healing tea and wrapped a blanket of encouragement around my shoulders :D

Lycanthropos

I had a gift card from Amazon and used part of it to buy the Shadowscapes Tarot. It's due to arrive Friday. (gotta love Prime) The observations posted here, plus my exploration of it online, totally drew me in. You all are so right about the enabling! LOL I actually bought two decks with the gift card, and I have one I bid on at eBay that I'll find out in an hour if anyone outbids me. But that's it. Only because my tax refund is coming did I get all spendy. Not until I devote time to learn my way around the new decks will I consider buying another. Plus I have these nifty tarot bags to decorate.

Today I drew the Knight of Wands from the Fenestra Tarot, and my first split-second impression was that the rider was female. Then the rider looked (and still looks) very androgynous to me. I rather liked that. From a deck where everything was either coming across as expected or less than expected, to have a surprise was really delightful.

swedishfish612

Lycanthropos, I'd love to hear what you think of the Shadowscapes once you've had a chance to play with them.

Overall, I like them a lot. The artwork is so intricate, so charming. I look at a card and find detail after detail. It really is a soothing deck and just what I was looking for when I bought it. It's a nice add to my collection.