Devil as outcome for a move

gorgeousbutterfly

When you get something so negative as Devil as an outcome for a reading on a move, how do you approach this?? do you see outcomes as fixed or this is a warning that there is some limitiing and destructive thinking that is creating the person's future??

laurence

Depending on the other cards, I see that as a strenght of desire, an enormous instinctive strenght asserting its existence. So to me It's not necessarily negative. It can suggest that the move will be a success as the energy used can be channeled.

rwcarter

No, I don't see outcomes as fixed.

If the person is moving into a house that they've bought, the Devil could represent their mortgage, to which they'll be chained for 30 years or so....

Rodney

Grizabella

No card is ever all bad. The Devil can indicate an addiction and the definition of "addiction" is anything we do that makes us feel good about ourselves. Then it becomes something we turn to whenever we feel down and discouraged, we seek out the thing that made us feel better---again.

I don't know if you can follow my odd thinking, but what I'd say is that this move will make you feel better in some way, and that it could become a way of assuaging feelings of not being very happy with oneself or one's circumstances---thinking that a move of location will make us feel good about ourselves again.

Inana

I don't know if it applies to you reading, but for me, sometimes the devil has meant "now is not the moment". Look at his risen hand, it's like a sign to stop. So, maybe the move will be delayed. Just an idea.