A reading dilemma.

rwcarter

No I didn't, I just read the other things I was seeing.
OK. Not saying anything the last two times this happened got you into a relationship with each of those people. So I'm not understanding why you're questioning a process that has worked for you in the past :confused:

junkyardmystic

OK. Not saying anything the last two times this happened got you into a relationship with each of those people. So I'm not understanding why you're questioning a process that has worked for you in the past :confused:
Comment removed by moderator. Check your PMs.

MandMaud

1. Whether you tell the querent you have seen their attraction to you is up to you - I can't decide whether you're asking whether it's morally ok to tell them, or if it will benefit you, them, or both of you. From the questions of other people replying here, I don't think anyone is sure what your dilemma is in this situation.

2. I'm interested how you saw this in the cards.
I just read what visions the cards impress on my mind
and
I just read whatever I see
... you still don't say HOW you see these visions. Pure intuition? Do you use any structure or rules? Positions in a spread? In particular I'm interested which cards you read as meaning a potential relationship - are you referring to the Lovers only? or others, or combinations of cards?

3. People have asked questions for clarification and your responses have been very brief. Specifically, Tanga asked: "What was/is your background relationship to them"? I feel I'd need to know that too: whether this is a paying client, a friend, a stranger...

There are many possible situations and we're looking for clarity on what the actual situation is that you're asking about.

And everyone on this forum will be be interested in your reading method. Plus of course it's hard to answer your question without knowing on what basis you saw that meaning, and more of the circumstances.

comment removed by moderator
Was Rodney (rwcarter) rude to you? I didn't see it that way. He has spent some time trying to get his head around your question.

gregory

Have you ever done a reading for someone and seen in the cards that they like you?
No.

And unless I were asking that specific question if I EVER thought that way, I would question my own motivation and reckon it was unjustified wishful thinking. I CERTAINLY wouldn't mention it. Reading for others is not some kind of dating service.

If this has happened to you more than once, I would stop reading for others, to be honest, until you can sort out how to read for them without your own feelings getting in the way. Because this kind of thing is not what a querent needs to hear. Are these strangers, or people you already know ? If strangers - it makes no sense anyway. If people you know - well, I have to say it all sounds rather suspect to me. Sounds almost like you are looking for an excuse to ask them out. Why not be more direct and do that without reading for them.

jillkite

No, I have never had this experience.

As a reader you are in a position of power (like a therapist, a teacher, a boss - think of any relationship where there is an unbalanced power dynamic). the querent gives you that power with the trust that it will not be abused.

Like a therapist, a teacher or a boss, as a reader you need to be very careful that you do not in any way abuse this position of power by manipulating the trust of the querent in some self-serving way.

There are very strict guidelines about any romantic relationships developing between counsellor/psychotherapist and client, teacher and student, and in many work places between boss and employee.

Perhaps you could take some time to read the guidelines for these issues from a professional body of counsellors (e.g. BAC) or psychotherapists (e.g. UKCP) as you are arguably in a similar sort of position.

There is an understanding that a romantic relationship can develop from a relationship where the power dynamic was initially imbalanced, it is not forbidden or course, but this needs to be approached with great care.

I think it would help you a lot to consider boundaries. Maybe consider taking a Counselling Skills course where this kind of issue is explored. In any case counselling skills are incredibly relevant to Tarot Reading IMO, unless your style is just to deliver messages without giving the querent any opportunity for dialogue.

Tread carefully junkyardmystic, very carefully, karma is inescapable.

Reputations take time to build, yet can be broken oh so easily. And your actions affect not only the reputation of yourself, but of all other tarot readers. So please, have a listen to what's being said here on this thread by this community.

Tanga

I don't require the querent to ask a question, I just read whatever I see.

Yes - that is what we describe as a "general reading" - when the querent has no question.

And this is not a full answer to what I asked.
You have not clarified - so we are still at-a-loss as to what your dilemma really is.
AND - we are all now busy wondering - what you have been getting up to whilst reading
- and whether you are acting "against the reputation of tarot readers" as has been described.

I would re-iterate jillkite, gregory and MandMaud's posts here (just before this one of mine).

My Best,
Tanga.