Combining Froud's Faeries' Oracle and Heart of Faerie

swedishfish612

Yeah, I'm not sure how much I'll depend on the books. I'd love to just jump and read them, book-free, but I've never really done that and I'm not sure how it will go. I kind of tried it yesterday with the Laume and then I checked the book (because I couldn't stand not knowing!) and I was waaaay off. I thought it was a very sad, downcast card and it's actually about giving and receiving with a generous heart. lol

I actually think the HoF cards seem easier to go book-free with, because the card titles are more descriptive. It's hard to misread a card called the Lady of Sorrows, or the Joy of the Future. But I like the simpler titles of the FO, even if they are harder to "get" just by looking at the card.

I'll find my way, I'm sure!

swedishfish612

Annnnd, just like that, I've changed my mind. I think I'm going to work with just the FO to start. It feels like too much going on with both decks. And, oddly enough, while overall I think the art in HoF appeals to me more, I'm liking the cards in FO better. But there are a handful of cards that I kind of want to pull out of HoF and use with FO anyway. I feel like Tink really, really wants to be in my deck, by hook or by crook!

jolie_amethyst

Annnnd, just like that, I've changed my mind. I think I'm going to work with just the FO to start. It feels like too much going on with both decks. And, oddly enough, while overall I think the art in HoF appeals to me more, I'm liking the cards in FO better. But there are a handful of cards that I kind of want to pull out of HoF and use with FO anyway. I feel like Tink really, really wants to be in my deck, by hook or by crook!

LOL on Tink!

Given how unwieldy the doubled deck would be, I think if I ever do combine them, it's going to be in an oversized drawstring bag, and rather than worry too much about shuffling, I'll just do random draws from the bag. But I do use FO more than HoF so far, and I've continued to keep them separate for the time being. I usually just let them tell me who I should work with at that point.

That said, if I pull a single daily card from one, I'll pull one from both. It's interesting to see whether they're giving me cards that work well together, or if they're focused on completely different things.