Process, Prologue

Aurelious

I shall be joining this group shortly as my CDs (I opted for the .mp3 so I could load them on my Ipod) are on there way to me now.

I have been studying Tarot for about six months so I'm far inexperienced compared to you all, never taken any courses or had a formal session in studying Tarot so it shall be interesting to how a Newbie comes along. Will post my opinions on the Prologue once I receive my copy.

Glad to be along for the ride ^^

Grizabella

Welcome, Aurelious. I look forward to seeing your input. Newbies can contribute a lot to our discussions just as much as oldies can. :D Fresh insight is very valuable.

KarlThomas

Ditto! Welcome, Aurelious.

I'll be interested to find the ways in which you are at an advantage, regarding this particular method, in newly coming to tarot and finding your way to this course. Enjoy the book!

Aurelious

Just wanted to update and let you all know that I received my book today and am now "Basking in the glory of Dan" as someone close to me put it.

The analogy I've seen with the muck and blooming I definately reflected on. The part that got me the most is when he sounds threatening with the "Well give me your deck back and return when you're ready to learn Tarot. The lessons have already begun."

Tarot has been my gateway into my spiritual journey. It wasn't until I began learning tarot did I begin to question the reality I've been taught and how it doesn't apply to me in many ways. Since then I have learned much...especially NOT about tarot. Life, philosophy, psychology, psychic ability/knowledge, numbers and interpretation are only a few of the things I've become more aware of. I see things in different ways (One day I saw a group of 5 birds and immediately saw that the birds were fighting, much like the 5 of Wands. I don't think I would of made the connection otherwise and probably not even noticed the birds.) I know Dan will show and tell me many things FAR beyond the scope of Tarot and how it all comes together...I am ready to get my hands dirty now.

mac22

Aurelious said:
Just wanted to update and let you all know that I received my book today and am now "Basking in the glory of Dan" as someone close to me put it.

The analogy I've seen with the muck and blooming I definately reflected on. The part that got me the most is when he sounds threatening with the "Well give me your deck back and return when you're ready to learn Tarot. The lessons have already begun."

Tarot has been my gateway into my spiritual journey. It wasn't until I began learning tarot did I begin to question the reality I've been taught and how it doesn't apply to me in many ways. Since then I have learned much...especially NOT about tarot. Life, philosophy, psychology, psychic ability/knowledge, numbers and interpretation are only a few of the things I've become more aware of. I see things in different ways (One day I saw a group of 5 birds and immediately saw that the birds were fighting, much like the 5 of Wands. I don't think I would of made the connection otherwise and probably not even noticed the birds.) I know Dan will show and tell me many things FAR beyond the scope of Tarot and how it all comes together...I am ready to get my hands dirty now.

Enjoy Aurelious.....

Mac22

Seafra

Aurelious said:

Beautiful :)

cyan

While I come to this site to read I haven't posted in years. Just got The Process tho and it's wun...derful!
When Dan takes us out to tend the roses it reminds me of the movie, The Karate Kid. When the old gentleman decides to teach the kid karate, he askes the kid to come to his home where he promptly puts the kid to work. The kid paints the house, waxes the cars etc. With each task he gives the kid, the old gentleman gives specific instructions on how to do the task. For instance, when the kid is waxing the cars, the old gentleman shows him how to do it with a cloth in each hand using circular motions. For a while, "Wax on, Wax off" was a catch phrase.
When the kid finally throws down his tools and says, "When am I going to start learning karate?" the old gentleman points out that the kid has already learned the basic movements.
I think learning to care for the roses is teaching the subconcious the basics of studying tarot. Learning how to mulch, where and when to prune also teaches how to conduct readings so that the sitter has the chance to grow and bloom like like a well tended rose bush.
Just my own take on the subject.
cyan

Disa

cyan said:
I think learning to care for the roses is teaching the subconcious the basics of studying tarot. Learning how to mulch, where and when to prune also teaches how to conduct readings so that the sitter has the chance to grow and bloom like like a well tended rose bush.
Just my own take on the subject.
cyan

Cyan, that's brilliant! I miss the lessons that are right in front of my eyes!I think it may apply to us as readers, too-so that we can bloom.

Thank you for pointing it out like this.

D~

KarlThomas

Cyan, glad to read you thought this material worth breaking your silence for.

I like what you shared, your insights are worthwhile.

Aurelious, I agree with Seafra, yours was a beautiful post. Sometimes, the

study of tarot gives unexpected gifts.

KarlThomas

Alissa said:
The red rose is a symbol connected to Rosicrucians as well....

I just found this regarding that:

"It is at once a symbol of purity and a symbol of passion, heavenly perfection and earthly passion; virginity and fertility; death and life. The rose is the flower of the goddess Venus but also the blood of Adonis and of Christ. It is a symbol of transmutation - that of taking food from the earth and transmuting it into the beautiful fragrant rose. The rose garden is a symbol of Paradise. It is the place of the mystic marriage. In ancient Rome, roses were grown in the funerary gardens to symbolize resurrection. The thorns have represented suffering and sacrifice as well as the sins of the Fall from Paradise.

The rose has also been used as a sign of silence and secrecy. The word sub rosa "under the rose" referring to the demand for discretion whenever a rose was hung from the ceiling at a meeting. In the Mysteries roses were sacred to Isis. It is also the flower of her son Harpocrates or younger Horus, the god of silence."

The writing goes on to say that

Numerologically, the rose represents the number 5...
In an absolute sense the rose has represented the expanding awareness of being...