Is Aleister Crowley an Evil Man?

Rosanne

Ah Similia you are just the best of people.

Crowley's writings were better than how he lived his life.
Possibly mine would be too (if I wrote)
You can use the Thoth Tarot from a Sacred Geometry point of view, and not use the Thelemic aspect at all.
Honour the Artist not the Director in fact.

Thats how I deal with it..in fact it is how I thumb my nose at the egocentric prick that Crowley was. I take great joy in specifically ignoring his work (after I have read it that is :D) I also say 'Boo' to his ghost by calling him a Mummy's Boy. He sure gets mad.
~Rosanne

crystal dawn

It depends on if you believe everything that you read in the newpapers

Crowley was brought up in a very strict religous family and was cruelly treated by his mother who often referred to him as the son of the devil.
He got bad press mainly because he denounced the church and organised religion and typically from there the press blew everything out of proportion as they usually do.

Blessings

crystal dawn

Lillie

Ranzel said:
I've been reading some resources pertaining to my new Thoth Tarot and one article says that Aleister Crowley who created it was actually the most evil man in the world. Is it true? And why was he called so.

Yes.
He was really, really evil.
He sacrificed new born babies to Moloch every Wednesday afternoon and followed up the blood letting with a Brompton Cocktail.

He also wrote excessively wordy books, which is perhaps his greatest crime.
He should have employed an editor.

crystal dawn

Lillie said:
Yes
He sacrificed new born babies to Moloch every Wednesday afternoon and followed up the blood letting with a Brompton Cocktail.

- before joining the vicar and his wife for tea and biscuits at 3pm.

crystal dawn

crystal dawn said:
Lillie said:
Yes
He sacrificed new born babies to Moloch every Wednesday afternoon and followed up the blood letting with a Brompton Cocktail

- before joining the vicar and his wife for tea and biscuits at 3pm (lol).

Lillie

:D

And after the tea and biscuits he would seduce the vicars wife, except for the third Wednesday of every month when he would seduce the vicar instead, just for variety.

Lleminawc

crystal dawn said:
Lillie said:
Yes

- before joining the vicar and his wife for tea and biscuits at 3pm.
He took tea at 3? That really is a nasty habit.

Lillie

He was a wicked, wicked man.

mac22

similia said:
Since then I've learnt a lot more, and realize how silly and shortsighted my thinking was. Now everything anyone asks if there is something evil about Crowley, I'm reminded of the Monty Python line "He's not the Messiah, he's just a very naughty boy" :laugh:

After 35yrs of studying Crowley I'd agree.....:D

Well said Similia!

mac22

fyreflye

Lillie said:
He was a wicked, wicked man.

But I'm even wickeder!! Not to mention cuter.

And Lillie....})