The Hierophant as feelings

love.actually

Hi everyone,
I'd love any insight into what the Hierophant could mean as feelings towards someone.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=124922&page=4&pp=10

This thread was very helpful, and right now I'm thinking that positively, it could mean feelings of solicitousness and protectiveness, while blocked energies could signify extreme feelings such as outrage or indignation. What do you think?

Amanda

love.actually said:
Hi everyone,
I'd love any insight into what the Hierophant could mean as feelings towards someone.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=124922&page=4&pp=10

This thread was very helpful, and right now I'm thinking that positively, it could mean feelings of solicitousness and protectiveness, while blocked energies could signify extreme feelings such as outrage or indignation. What do you think?

Background would be helpful. My first instinct is to say 'platonic'. However, if you place yourself in the shoes of the Hierophant, he may not even realize you exist unless you require his help with something and seek him out. Those darn earth people -- so hard to read! :p

ATrickyBusiness

When it comes to feelings for someone, I tend to view the card as a symbol of one's own personal self restrictions, blockages about what keeping you from expressing what you are really feeling, which can be due to things like shyness, fear of consequences, or creating a situation in which nothing may be the same again.

nisaba

Whereas I tend to see it as a valid and socially approved attraction, a boy- or girl-friend you wouldn't hesitate to home to meet Mother, or even Grandmother and great-grandmother.

PAMUYA

The Heirophant as feelings: Heripohant is the "should" and "ought to" in life...this person has no warm and fuzzies, he/she feels what is deemed appropriate for the situation.

DrDave

As a romantic ,the "Wedding Card"
DD

MariaPeea

I feel like this could also mean he has very 'traditional' feelings for you, like, as someone said, he sees you as 'marriage material' or he sees you as a step higher then other girls and takes you more seriously then them, like he respects you and would never push you too far or expect you to do something for him without giving back. You know?? Maybe you have very high morals, or you appear more sweet and innocent to him. Whatever it is, you pretty much stop the 'Knight of Wands' in his tracks and make him think about how he SHOULD be treating and viewing you.

kwaw

Fatherly; Forgiving;

nisaba

One of my favourite Hierophants (I first typed "fathers"!) shows a copse of trees all growing from one root, and one of them changing colour and becoming teh torso of a man who is hugging one of the other trees. Not only an image of spiritual love, but of growing from the past, from the "root" of spirituality, from tradition.

omnislashed

I consider The Hierophant to be a card of mentorship and professionalism. In fact, I've literally gotten it to represent professors in college.

But it can additionally symbolize people within your life who are sophisticated, knowledgeable, and have "something to offer". Somebody who you admire because of their background, experience, and conviction. You take "Hierophant types" very seriously, you see. They're passionate and dedicated, but they don't screw around.

So in terms of "feelings", this can mean two things: Either the person considering you believes they are the mentor, or this person believes you are the mentor. Usually there's a dynamic established where somebody is "instructing" or helping somebody throughout some experience. This doesn't have to relate to professional endeavors or academic material. Sometimes you meet an educated, elegant person who really changes your life.