Who would it be?

ravenest

Lleminawc said:
If Crowley if the Magus, then the Priestess has to be Dion Fortune.

Okay ... and she is doing ....? (aside from being paranoid about the The Magus)

Sophie

ravenest said:
Okay ... and she is doing ....? (aside from being paranoid about the The Magus)
Surely, if she is the Priestess, that's a secret between Dion Fortune and Dion Fortune ;) (writing a book?)

The Empress is Frieda Harris, loving and long-suffering, sweet and salty, paying due respect to the Magus but able to handle herself - she creates material beauty out of spiritual insight - hers and the Magus - of course.

rogue

Adolf Hitler is The Emperor, building and expanding the empire of the people of the sun.

Aeon418

lampkin said:
Adolf Hitler is The Emperor, building and expanding the empire of the people of the sun.
Hmmmm..... maybe. A bit negative though. Plus there seems to be a little too much Volk where Hitler is concerned.

Greywoolfe

Lleminawc said:
If Crowley if the Magus, then the Priestess has to be Dion Fortune.

Jumping ahead a bit, I always thought of Crowley as the Hierophant in his deck.

Ross G Caldwell

ravenest said:
Oh well ... come up with another one then. Who would make a better Fool than Leary? ... A Thoth Fool that is.

Ken Kesey? He founded the "Merry Pranksters" after all, and tripped and encouraged tripping in a much freer - and ambivalent - fashion than Tim (bless his heart) ever did.

Ross

Ross G Caldwell

Crowley could be a lot of the cards... I think we should ban him from entering the competition (my first two suggestions are the Devil (Old Goat) and the Magus of course, and then the Hierophant (the "secret joke at somebody's expense" look he described)).

Ross

ravenest

Greywoolfe said:
Jumping ahead a bit, I always thought of Crowley as the Hierophant in his deck.
Ditto!

ravenest

But now we are up to the juice ... card VI .... ? Who is it and what (or should I say how ;) ? ) are they doing (it)?

Ross G Caldwell

ravenest said:
But now we are up to the juice ... card VI .... ? Who is it and what (or should I say how ;) ? ) are they doing (it)?

Hey, I didn't get to pick my other first 5! ;)

Magus - Freddy Mercury (looks like him prancing on the stage, and well, he's called "Mercury") or David Bowie

Priestess - Leila Waddell; Kate Bush (funny how I'm picking musicians; maybe because they "speak" - in oracles and riddles)

Empress - Annie Sprinkle (a robust physicality)

Emperor - Samuel Liddel "MacGregor" Mathers (Crowley said he was too "devoted to Mars", and he was the real genius behind the GD)

Hierophant - AC himself, if I break my own rules.

Ross