Touchstone Tarot by Kat Black

Essjay

My MM has arrived and I really love the changes. Bigger, lighter cards and some interesting new features. I love the new expression on the Three of Swords, and her reading matter! Also, a great book which I'm looking forward to going through.

:)

Librarycat

I HATE the change in the 3 of swords (if that is the card where the poor woman now looks like she's been goosed, I don't have my deck with me). I think that is the one false note in the new deck.

retrokat

lol, perfect example of how you can never make everyone happy! A few people said the 3 of Swords LE didn't look distressed enough, so I went for, well, a bit of a camp mock-distress with the eyes of Caravaggio's Medusa. Ah well.... swings and roundabouts I guess.

Librarycat

And this is why I love having the LE deck for when I read for myself! You see, Kat, you HAVE pleased both those of us who don't like the pop-eyed 3 of Swords and those who do!

Essjay

Librarycat said:
And this is why I love having the LE deck for when I read for myself! You see, Kat, you HAVE pleased both those of us who don't like the pop-eyed 3 of Swords and those who do!

Very true! Those eyes - I just love them! But, she does have a suitably sorrowful expression in the LE. So we are both happy! I also love the new face on the High Priestess - the way she looks at you.

magpie9

I am so blitheringly happy to have both the LE and the MM! I love these decks. I get a lot of pleasure out of the differences between them, and especially Katherine Howard's popping eyes, which really might have looked like that when she found out the jig was up!
I love having them both, these almost-twins who both read like a dream!

retrokat

magpie9 said:
and especially Katherine Howard's popping eyes, which really might have looked like that when she found out the jig was up!

rofl, now THERE'S a future episode of the Tudors I'm looking forward to :p

You'd think being Anne Boleyn's cousin she would have been a bit smarter.

HearthCricket

retrokat said:
rofl, now THERE'S a future episode of the Tudors I'm looking forward to :p

You'd think being Anne Boleyn's cousin she would have been a bit smarter.

For Kat, from Blackmore's Night Violet Moon CD...

~Catherine Howard's Fate~

Oh, to my dearest ruler and lord
Merciful husband
Noblest of kings...
Your heart of gold has long since tarnished
In my chamber
What will the morning bring?
Was it my heart that doth betray me
Cause I loved more than one man?
Is it true your wear a wounded spirit?
Pray let me mend it and make our love anew...
Allow me to be your humble servant
Once again, as before...
Are you like the others, so quick to judge
And for this the queen must fall
Was it my heart that doth betray me
Cause I loved more than one man?
Truth within the writings of a letter
Signed and sealed poor Catherine Howard's fate...
Truth within the writings of a letter
Signed and sealed poor Catherine Howard's fate...

Kissa

I have both versions also, and i think i will use the MM more, at least from what i was able to see yesterday when i got it and watched it through.
The finish is great, i love the gilted edges, the whole packaging feels like a little treasure chest. It follows in the footsteps of his/her older brother/sister, the Golden Tarot.

I will have trouble at first handling so big cards but i am not worried, we will get on very well together.

I have to do the comparison between both versions, card by card. I love the change in the Three of Swords, it made me smile, it is whimsical somehow, not quite what you expect from a Lady in a historical-themed collage deck... I could really feel her jumping right out of the card, she has things to say!!
:)

Le Fanu

Could somebody post a scan of both versions of the 3 of Swords so that we can see the differences, and those of us that buy the MM edition can either;

a) wish we had the Ltd edition
b) be glad we waited