two weeks in!

choirqueer

I got my Gay Tarot two weeks ago and for the last week I've pretty much decided to focus entirely on this deck while I work through the www.learntarot.com course, and possibly longer if the Spirit leads me there.

In my first week of daily draws, I pulled the Youth, Guide, Man, and Sage of Cups in that order on 4 consecutive days. At least one of them has showed up in every single spread I've done.

This deck is amazing.

I'm wondering how active this IDS forum is...if I post about stuff that comes up for me while I'm working with this deck, are people around in here who can help/support? Or should I post in more active forums? I'm new-ish and not entirely sure how it works around here. :)

Lee

Hi Oliver,

I'm glad you found your way to the Gay Tarot and I'm glad you're enjoying using it! :)

This sub-forum was busy for several months after the deck first came out, but since then has slowed down, as you can see from looking at the dates of the most recent posts in other threads.

Of course you can post whatever you like about your work with the deck. In terms of getting responses, you'll just have to see how it goes. For my part, usually I only post here if someone has a question about details of the deck's design or about what was in my mind when I designed it. Otherwise I prefer to stay in the background and not dominate the discussion.

In terms of likelihood of getting responses, my advice would be the following: if the question or issue has more to do with non-Gay-Tarot-specific questions or issues, then you might be more likely to get responses if you post in other forums. For example, what-could-this-combination-of-cards-mean type of questions, or would-this-be-a-good-reading-exercise type of questions, might be more likely to get responses in the Using Tarot forum.

Questions more focused on the Gay Tarot itself, such as discussions of specific details of the deck and how you or others interpret those details, would be more appropriate for this forum.

You might also want to read some of the earlier threads in this forum to get an idea of the kinds of things that have been discussed, and maybe pick up some new insights. There have been many great insights posted by folks here. And of course feel free to post in those threads too if you like.

Best of luck with your tarot journey!

choirqueer

Lee, thank you so much...both for your response and for this amazing Tarot deck. I've been wanting it (the deck!) for AGES, and finally bought it for myself as a holiday present. It's alive and real for me in ways I've never even imagined from a Tarot deck...I've had some pretty interesting relationships with decks before, but I've just been totally blown away by how quickly this one has started to feel like it's a part of me. It's like we've only just started dating and we're already at the U-Haul phase! ;-)

I have about a zillion thoughts and questions and things going on in my mind about this deck right now, but I have to leave for class in 15 minutes and I'm still in my pajamas, so I'll save 'em for the moment.

Linda Gomez

New Deck

How fun to have a new deck to explore. I am not familiar w/ the deck but it sounds like a deck designed with GLBT imagery.

As you ask for material plane guides do not overlook the inner plane.

Observe carefully how your 'day to day' life unfolds as you study and practice meditation using your new deck.

Stay open to receiving guiding light from those who tread the path before you, and ask for 'positive' energy and 'white' light blessings.

I sense you have made an inner-plane connection that will provide guidance and shares an affinity with the archetypal images and energies designed in the deck.

And oddly enough, classical music is in the air....any connection?

You are a spiritual warrior. May the light shine bright upon you.

Linda