The Story behind the K & C "Hexerey" Thoth Deck.

photokat

Wendywu said:
I love the richer colours in the K&C Thoth ...

Yeah ... I haven't done a reading with this deck yet but I think the coloring gives this one a different groove somehow.

If anyone does a reading with this deck, would love to hear.

photokat

Maskelyne said:
Photokat,

Isn't it against forum rules, or at least common decency to tickle the want gland like that? Love the color saturation.

David

Oh my. I had no idea!

Le Fanu

Yes, totally different groove...Like a Frankie Albano Thoth. I can't wait to get mine, but now it's Easter and I won't have it till next week.

Is anyone planning on doing a non-English Thoth timeline? it would be interesting but might bring out the (not so inner) completist in me. I saw a very bad, very blurred Brazilian miniature Thoth edition which comes with a translation of the Book of Thoth. Not a patch on this one.

Funny, it seems to me that the Germans love the Thoth. All my non-tarot German friends are familiar with the Thoth in a way which my non-German friends aren't. I think it was always the main tarot deck there. That, at least, is my impression.

photokat

Le Fanu said:
Funny, it seems to me that the Germans love the Thoth. All my non-tarot German friends are familiar with the Thoth in a way which my non-German friends aren't. I think it was always the main tarot deck there. That, at least, is my impression.

YES! It really is! It was also my very first deck in 1993 when I lived in Germany, and esoteric stores were usually plastered with various Thoth Editions and the Giger, of course (when it just came out).

All my friends had a Thoth also. I don't even remember seeing a RWS on a shelf. Hahaha!

strings of life

I ordered one :thumbsup:. I traded my eBay Thoth away (dear zan-chan gave it a good home), but I am ready to give it another try. For some reason, the one I had left me "cold" as they say, which made no sense since I just love the artwork.

I love the bold colors and the funky backs on these. And, the fact that I don't understand German will cause me to use this deck quite intuitively, possibly leading me to buy a US Games Thoth.

I love the borders too. Me the borderless queen, loving borders? Huh?!?

Cerulean

A quick impression...a purpled Thoth?

The light is too lavandar and misty today, as everything has become enpurpled.

I have a green Thoth, a light sky-blue Thoth and I think this is my first purple Thoth...it might take me a week in good sunlight to find the right way to see this.

Very pretty and handy, and I received it as fast as fast can be!

Cheers,

Cerulean

zan_chan

aurarcana said:
I traded my eBay Thoth away (dear zan-chan gave it a good home)

Thanks, aurarcana! I love that thing :heart: It's taking all the strength in the world not to order one of these wee bold Thoths, but honestly considering I have absolutely no plan to read with Thoth in even the most unlikely of near-ish futures, I just don't need a fourth version...(right?) ..... :laugh:

photokat

zan_chan said:
Thanks, aurarcana! I love that thing :heart: It's taking all the strength in the world not to order one of these wee bold Thoths, but honestly considering I have absolutely no plan to read with Thoth in even the most unlikely of near-ish futures, I just don't need a fourth version...(right?) ..... :laugh:

Stay strong, zan_chan!

I believe in you!

conversus

My copy to the K&C Hexerey Mini-Thoth arrived on my desk today, right after Lunch and a longish staff meeting! What a welcome surprise! I never really grokked that it was going to be a mini--I usually don't go in for the mini's.

What a fabulous deck. The colours just pop out at you--marvelous little windows into insight. . .

I am especially fond of the Konigin Der Scheiben ; 4 Der Stabe ; and Die Kaiserin. The backs are pretty KOOL as well! Just a lovely little deck!

Photokat, thank you for making it possible for these decks to find welcome homes!!!

CED

Celice

Hmm mine smell like cigarette smoke, anyone else? I didn't notice the smell on the outer plastic but the scent is on the cards (especially the sides) and also on the LWB. I think it must be from whoever supplied them to Photokat because I've previously purchased another deck of cards from her off of eBay and there wasn't any cigarette smell on those ones.

The cards are very vibrant, I love, love the color! I like it much more than the color on my current Thoth deck, it just seems washed out in comparison. The deck is a mini and very cute. I really enjoy the different colors on the sides to denote the different suits.

The cards are all cut differently so they don't perfectly match up. It seems like they were probably rounded by hand? It doesn't bother me but it is something I noticed.

I really like this deck a lot so I'm glad I snagged one... The only thing that bothers me is the smoke smell (since I'm not a smoker) but I'm hoping "incense therapy" will help. I'll stick it in a box with my nag champa. Ugh I hope it gets rid of the smell. Any suggestions?