Anyone totally give up tarot for lenormand

Astraea

Lenormand has deepened my appreciation for tarot, and vice versa, because the distinctions between the two approaches are discernible. To me, tarot is philosophical and - as olivia1 says - open-ended, describing a network of possibilities; Lenormand lays out the territory on the ground. The two work beautifully together, one playing off the other. Lenormand on its own gives straight answers with few frills, and tarot by itself explores the often hidden reasons behind the facts of our lives.

In practice, Lenormand can yield esoteric information (as Andy points out in his book), and tarot can be read on a practical level - but tarot's historical association with mystery makes it harder to commit to physical-plane interpretation. So for me, both systems have their place and I value them equally, in different contexts.

Padma

As Astrea says. I love them both for different reasons. They each bring something to the table - in fact, every oracular method brings itself along. :) Like a group of friends, each shines with their own distinct personality - and each are valid and valuable in different ways.

Having said that, I do tend to reach for Lennies first!

olivia1

Lenormand has deepened my appreciation for tarot, and vice versa, because the distinctions between the two approaches are discernible. To me, tarot is philosophical and - as olivia1 says - open-ended, describing a network of possibilities; Lenormand lays out the territory on the ground. The two work beautifully together, one playing off the other. Lenormand on its own gives straight answers with few frills, and tarot by itself explores the often hidden reasons behind the facts of our lives.

In practice, Lenormand can yield esoteric information (as Andy points out in his book), and tarot can be read on a practical level - but tarot's historical association with mystery makes it harder to commit to physical-plane interpretation. So for me, both systems have their place and I value them equally, in different contexts.

Interesting. When I need clarification on something or need lenormand to expand on something, I draw more cards. I never thought to combine them. That's a great idea you got there

Astraea

Interesting. When I need clarification on something or need lenormand to expand on something, I draw more cards. I never thought to combine them. That's a great idea you got there
It isn't original with me - I picked it up by watching Donnaleigh's older YouTube videos, which provide a wealth of info on combining tarot and LN. Rana George's book includes some material about her own method. Here's a link to one of Donnaleigh's videos from a few years ago, where she discusses combining the two systems: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11D8427wWvE

Seaqueen

....... However, I worry about losing my tarot skills and not having anyone to work with when I decide to go back.

Also do you all think that tarot is so popular simply because more people know about it or do people simply find tarot easier to learn? .......

Hello,
In my humble opinion, I wouldn't say Tarot is easier to learn at all. It all depends on which approach a person takes in their studies. Tarot card be read from the images quite easily but then it depends on the artist as well. Some decks are filled with symbols & many colour blends while others are simpler. I think once a person knows the core meanings it's like riding a bike...you never forget.

Each Tarot card is a story unto itself. Each Lenormand card is a piece of story and usually needs other cards to tell the whole story.

The truly dedicated Tarot practitioners may learn the Lenormand system purely from curiosity's point of view and discover it's simplicity. I don't think they would switch forever, lol. Tarot and Lenormand add value in different ways. It depends what a person is seeking in a reading.

I pull my Tarot to ask for advice on more serious matters. I trust the Tarot's process. The answers are usually what I need to know.

I can pull my Lenormand for advice on the same matter but find it does present riddles sometimes that you have to figure out. The answers may not be straight.

Good luck on your journey. Jozefa Seaqueen

Grizabella

Patrick Dunn has written a book called Cartomancy with the Lenormand and Tarot which deals with using the two types of cards together that you might want to get. I have it and also have the Rana George book (my favorite) and the Sylivie Steinbach book as well. Those are my reference library for Lenormand.