Your Favorite Lenormand?

merissa_88

I really like the modern decks like Melissa and Dia de los Muertos. They remind me of tarot and I'm not quite fully in the Lenormand world yet.

kalliope

I'm glad I could help! You will love that Purple Dondorf mini! It's perfect and I love the back design as well. And yes, there IS something about the minis! I thought when I went to print the Antiquarian that it would lose detail but it doesn't! It still reads very well for me. No glasses necessary yet! Thankfully because they've been such a handy size to carry around.

I've been up-cycling my Chinese lozenge containers to store my favorite minis in. Check it out! I painted a mints tin to hold my Glück in. It's the magenta colored tin below the gold mini tins. I lined it with light blue velour & it fits the Glück perfectly. :)

Those tins are amazing! I love the mottled paint effect, love the muted colors, love the stamps/stencils -- I just love everything about them!

I have some mint tins lying around, and it looks like the Newman's Own or WF 365 tins will fit the Glück nicely, so thanks for the idea! (And the Vermints & Xylas aren't bad for regular minis.) My Glück is currently in a narrow loose-weave canvas bag that annoyingly catches on those sharp corners every time, so it could use a new home. Do you remember the brands of those Chinese lozenges? I don't think I've noticed any mints/lozenges with those small funky sliding tins before, so I'll have to keep an eye out.

One more question: is there a recommended type of paint to use on metal? I wouldn't be trying to copy yours (not that I could if I tried!) but I'd like to cover the mint brand labels on mine and wouldn't know where to start. Can you tell I'm not much of a visual artist? ;)

Didn't mean to get so off topic, but I had to ask about those tins!

I think the Purple Dondorf (for some reason I type Dragon instead of Dondorf every time :confused: ) and Antiquarian minis will join the Glück and Blue Owl at the top of my most-used list. And maybe the MiniLen, too. I'm also really glad to hear that you don't think your mini deck suffers from a loss of detail. Excellent! :)

MoonGypsy

I've been up-cycling my Chinese lozenge containers to store my favorite minis in. Check it out! I painted a mints tin to hold my Glück in. It's the magenta colored tin below the gold mini tins. I lined it with light blue velour & it fits the Glück perfectly. :)

Oh my goddess, lb!!!! My jaw fell on the floor when i saw these tins you gave your magic touch to! How, i mean....HOW...what...did you do? i am still awestruck and can't even talk right.:p Where does one get these "Chinese Lozenge" tins???
A Chinese Grocery store, maybe?

My minis need to be liberated from their organza drawstring bags! :laugh:

These are painted? i have only worked with enamels on metal...i am curious like kallope...They almost look decoupaged...Oh so lovely they are!

tarot heart

ok ladybird...I MUST know how to do the one with the handwriting on it.
Is there a tutorial somewhere you could offer? Hmmmmm?

MUST. DO. THIS. :bugeyed:

ladybird

Those tins are amazing! I love the mottled paint effect, love the muted colors, love the stamps/stencils -- I just love everything about them!

I have some mint tins lying around, and it looks like the Newman's Own or WF 365 tins will fit the Glück nicely, so thanks for the idea! (And the Vermints & Xylas aren't bad for regular minis.) My Glück is currently in a narrow loose-weave canvas bag that annoyingly catches on those sharp corners every time, so it could use a new home. Do you remember the brands of those Chinese lozenges? I don't think I've noticed any mints/lozenges with those small funky sliding tins before, so I'll have to keep an eye out.

One more question: is there a recommended type of paint to use on metal? I wouldn't be trying to copy yours (not that I could if I tried!) but I'd like to cover the mint brand labels on mine and wouldn't know where to start. Can you tell I'm not much of a visual artist? ;)

Didn't mean to get so off topic, but I had to ask about those tins!

I think the Purple Dondorf (for some reason I type Dragon instead of Dondorf every time :confused: ) and Antiquarian minis will join the Glück and Blue Owl at the top of my most-used list. And maybe the MiniLen, too. I'm also really glad to hear that you don't think your mini deck suffers from a loss of detail. Excellent! :)

Oh my goddess, lb!!!! My jaw fell on the floor when i saw these tins you gave your magic touch to! How, i mean....HOW...what...did you do? i am still awestruck and can't even talk right.:p Where does one get these "Chinese Lozenge" tins???
A Chinese Grocery store, maybe?

My minis need to be liberated from their organza drawstring bags! :laugh:

These are painted? i have only worked with enamels on metal...i am curious like kallope...They almost look decoupaged...Oh so lovely they are!

ok ladybird...I MUST know how to do the one with the handwriting on it.
Is there a tutorial somewhere you could offer? Hmmmmm?
MUST. DO. THIS. :bugeyed:

Hi Kalliope, Moongypsy & Tarot Heart, THANKS! LOL, I'm happy to share. I was so excited to have saved these tins because when I tried my first mini in one, I freaked! Yay! :) I live in the Chinese/Vietnamese/Asian sect of Portland and there is a Chinese Herb shop that carries these red lozenge tins. They are an excellent herbal remedy for flu season since they are sugar free. My best friends are Acupuncturists and introduced me to this lozenge brand.

I've been searching online for you and the only ones I am finding are the other flavor that comes in a blue box and not the red lozenge tin! The brand is Golden. I'll go check some more and return.....

Okay, I looked everywhere and finally just found some on ebay but they are really expensive on there. I only pay $2.50 a tin so I would suggest if you have a China Town near you, to go to an herb shop to find it. Here's the ebay link to show you what they look like. Again, this is a super expensive price. Especially since you only get 4 lozenges in a tin. Not that would be the reason for you to buy it but it's really a good lozenge for cough/cold/flu season! :)

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trk...e&_nkw=Golden+Dule+Lozenge&_sacat=0&_from=R40

I forget how fortunate I am to live in the section of Portland that I do. We love cooking Asian cuisine so oriental markets nearby are pretty rad! We have a noodle shop that makes fresh rice noodles daily right up the street from us!

Anyway, I used alcohol inks from Adirondak. They are fabulous and stick to metals, glass, plastics etc. And on the lid I used archival stamping ink and obviously used rubber stamps to transfer the image. Oh yes, I also used a couple rub ons. Tarot Heart, the writing is a rubber stamp that I used. You have to make sure that the lid is on something solid so that the full image transfers or else the lid might bend from pressure and not be flat enough to take the whole image. I hope that makes sense?

I hope this helps. Although a bit off topic but not too much as I put my FAVORITE Lenormands, which happen to be minis, into these cute lozenge tins. I was kind of hoping I could find blanks of these tins (without lozenges) so I could paint them up and put them in my store to sell with my minis. I will try to be on the look out for them.

Penthasilia

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 106

tarot heart

Hey Pent!

I just realized that I have seen those Ouija Board tins at World Market stores. So that's another option for those who may be interested. :)

Sorry to hear you are feeling down today MG! Hope it passes soon! :)

ladybird

MoonGypsy! Sorry to hear you're not well. :heart:

Penthasillia, I've seen those ouija board tins as well. They are so cool! Your hubby is sweet to get you that. It fits the Glück & my Brazilian Cartas Ciganas well but is a tad too big for the minis and a tad too small for the bridge. Darn it! Why don't the mint makers make a bigger tin for our favorite Lenormands! ;)

ETA: Which cards are you storing in it, Penthasillia?