Deck Elements: Hands

Phoenix

I am going to post this exercise on Monday, as I have the day off!

Jewel

Okies ... I went through this exercise and I agree that there is some symbolism here. Some cards are those that show manifestation, others emergence, others an invitation to look closer, and others nothing at all that I could pick up on. I need to redo this and make a list of the breakdown I came up with so we can compare notes.

Angel Star

I still haven't got to this exercise I will try to get to it tonight. This is a really nice deck and I did my first reading for my cousin with it and he said it was so right on! Love this deck but haven't had the time to spend more time with it.

madame_moonstar

cosmic tribe

I LOVE my Cosmic tribe desk. I am new to tarot reading and this deck has opened my eyes to SO many things I never knew about myself, with all the hands in this deck it should help me alot cause i am no skinny minnie! LOL. Thanks Moonstar.

Jewel

Jewel said:
Okies ... I went through this exercise and I agree that there is some symbolism here. Some cards are those that show manifestation, others emergence, others an invitation to look closer, and others nothing at all that I could pick up on. I need to redo this and make a list of the breakdown I came up with so we can compare notes.

Well I have not made this list, but as most of you participating in this group have the deck I guess there really is no need. What I would like to clarify regarding my previous post is that some cards have very active hands like the Magician, 8 of wands, etc ... those are the ones manifesting something. There there are those hands that are just swaying around like as if doing the "Cumbaya" *LOL* those are the ones that I feel as showing things that are emerging.

EoMg

17 cards had NO hands:
Disks - 3, 6, 7
Swords - Ace, 2, 3, 6, 7
Wands - Ace, 2, 6
Cups - Ace, 2, 5, 8, 9, 10

This is 22% of the deck, 30% of the Minors, and 43% of the Minor non-Court cards.

Only 9 cards had DISEMBODIED hands:
Disks - Ace, 8
Swords - 4, 9
Wands - 4, 5, 8, 9
Cups - 6

The rest of the cards have at least one person, and thus hands, on them.

It's interesting to note that Postman never hides the hands. In fact, in the cards that have a person obscured—4 of Cups, Hermit—the hand(s) are in fact highlighted. There's even an instance of a person's head replaced by a hand in the 7 of Cups.