Japaridze Tarot

GlitterNova

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/japaridze-tarot/

I just saw this tarot pop up in the 'New Decks' list and all I can say is WOW! I've got a soft spot for both abstract decks and art decks, so of course this one is going on my wishlist :D Does anyone have this deck? Does anybody know anything about it?

Ica'rus

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/japaridze-tarot/

I just saw this tarot pop up in the 'New Decks' list and all I can say is WOW! I've got a soft spot for both abstract decks and art decks, so of course this one is going on my wishlist :D Does anyone have this deck? Does anybody know anything about it?

I just saw it on that list too! I'm not much for abstract decks (I can't figure out Picasso's for the life of me :p ) However that is quite an evocative deck. I can even make some sense of it. I have bookmarked it for now, it's interesting. I'd like to see and hear more about it.

edit: It does seem more surrealist and less abstract than I initially thought. I am very much considering getting this.. where did that enabling thread go? ;)

Gerbear

If you go to amazon.com, there is a small amount of information about the artist and the deck. It's on my amazon wish list for next month now.

galleryofsurrealism

Gallery of Surrealism

Hi everyone, my name is Steve Lucas, owner of the Gallery of Surrealism. I worked closely with Nino during the two years she lived, breathed, and birthed her tarot and am happy to have written the text for the book which accompanies it. Thank you so much for your kind words, we've been dreaming of this day for some time.

Should anyone have any questions at all regarding any aspect of the deck I'll be pleased to respond or ask the artist on your behalf.

By the way, the seventy eight original paintings for Japaridze Tarot will be exhibited to the public for the very first time in Paris towards the end of this month (October, 2014). We'll be having an opening reception on October 30 and if any Aeclectic members are in the area and interested please contact me -- we would love to have you there with us and can hook you up with admission invitations.

Thanks so much...after a lifetime of interest in tarot, I'm proud to be a member here!

karen0205

I just saw it on that list too! I'm not much for abstract decks (I can't figure out Picasso's for the life of me :p ) However that is quite an evocative deck. I can even make some sense of it. I have bookmarked it for now, it's interesting. I'd like to see and hear more about it.
It would have helped to have the suit names be the traditional ones.
I like the art too.

daphne

I like it, bold and beautiful!

gregory

By the way, the seventy eight original paintings for Japaridze Tarot will be exhibited to the public for the very first time in Paris towards the end of this month (October, 2014). We'll be having an opening reception on October 30 and if any Aeclectic members are in the area and interested please contact me -- we would love to have you there with us and can hook you up with admission invitations.
EXACTLY WHERE in Paris ? I am overnighting there on 29th... and also a few days before that - 19-21 I think - but I have trains to work around... Nothing at all before 30th ? (sounds nuts, but I have been to a few openings that were after the thing opened, as you might say !)

But I think this won't work...

galleryofsurrealism

EXACTLY WHERE in Paris ?....Nothing at all before 30th ?.....

The exhibition will be at Paris' legendary art & auction center, the Hotel Drouot foundation, in their showcase space at 12 rue Drouot in the 9th arrondisement. We will be hanging and setting up the day before (on Oct 29) so there is a chance you could stop by, introduce yourself, and check out the installation in progress.

Hope this is helpful, Gregory!

seedcake

This deck is so stunning! I adore surreal art and this one looks just marvellous. I'd love to own it one day.