GT: cards in their own homes

214red

Well, Fox is work, everyday work. Not the career but the work. In many decks it's pictured either as a family head or as a hunter but in all cases she's a provider. Therefore, it played its primary role in Mona's threads. It also shows as "provider" in my spreads too as I'm the family head as well.

i personally cant see this in my fox card, i can see it in the traditional decks, but in mine its a different slant, and the symbology is very rich. i see it more as looking inwards, looking at your own reflection, as the fox is drinking from the water , so he is connecting with his soul as the water can symbolise.
it also can show that you need to dig for information a bit deeper (and usually the information is within you) , where its pointing shows you where to start looking

Ronia

I'm not into the Mystical, honestly, so I keep close to the traditional decks.

In my spreads, which I reviewed now to figure out how the Fox plays most often, it basically remains a lie at least 50% of the time. However, it's always what I call "a business lie" meaning that the Fox lies with a purpose to get/deliver something and often the delivery goes to those close to her. Somehow it has united the lying (a basically negative thing) with providing for close/loved ones (basically a positive thing). While the Snake most often plays out as a lie or intrigue in the personal interest of the lier. Interesting observation, I hadn't had such a close look at it before. :)

Mona18

Thanks y'all!!!

I use the Postmark. The Fox seems to be walking towards the reader with her head tilted to the left. So, she's looking for something but I dont see the "tricky" side of it.

Thanks! That really helped cOnnect with the card!!

lord_ewin

In the carta mundi, the fox is surrounded by pups, and has brought back a goose from what might be a local farm stead. Sure, it could be wild, but the possibility of a stolen duck or hen is usually the symbolic of crossing the line for the greater good (feeding the pups). Some get 9-5 jobs they don't like to make ends meet, some resort to prostitution... Some become thieves...

I rather like Red's take on the soul searching, internal dialogue. I think that's a reminder of why we do things and occasionally do cross the line. The world around us might not understand that the theft described above was necessary, but the fox thinks it was a fair trade. If however the fox had gone to simply kill the duck for no reason, then the karma involved would be different. It's a reminder that you pay for any transgressions... Whether you can live with yourself in the mirror is the price.

Ronia: I love the comparison between the fox and the snake you made. It describes it quite well I think.

214red

i really interesting discussion!

Ronia

It kind of became clearer today. Only after I looked back at the past spreads though.

halil, this is true about most of the cards, isn't it? I keep finding new and new nuances and I think that's where the "language" between the reader and the cards becomes of vital importance. Because from one point on the cards should (ideally) speak the language they know their reader will understand. Otherwise, a GT would be an impossible task with all the available meanings and combos. Imagine!

Mona18

OMG! Thanks for all this fantastic info!