Housewives Tarot

Simple

I'm not big on 40/50's theme. However, I downloaded the Fool's App Sampler and got tempted by this deck and its quirky and to-the-point interpretation. So the art is ok, funky, not something I love or hate. But I think this deck has personality. Anyone has this deck? Love it? Hate it? I need your opinions please.

G6

I'm not big on 40/50's theme. However, I downloaded the Fool's App Sampler and got tempted by this deck and its quirky and to-the-point interpretation. So the art is ok, funky, not something I love or hate. But I think this deck has personality. Anyone has this deck? Love it? Hate it? I need your opinions please.

I decided on the Zombie Tarot instead. It's the same artist.

The Happy Squirrel

I was going to say this deck reminds me of the zombie one :)

kell

I love the Housewives! The way the court cards are depicted helped me finally understand what they mean.
(Zombies looks pretty cool, too!)

Nemia

Just an hour ago I picked my trusty old Housewives to become the "next to my laptop" working deck that accompanies me through my days. It's a great deck for questions about family, home, relationships - it gives totally unsentimental answers about my children for example. Really like a sharp tongued old friend looking into the dusty corners and moldy closets of our home. There's always trouble somewhere, sibling jealousy, misunderstandings, rebellion and old anger - the Housewives tarot puts its rubber-gloved finger quite precisely on the painful spots.

My experience with this deck is not extensive, but I take it out for domestic questions (didn't try it for work- or money-related questions yet but I know I should) and it does the job well.

I like the art. I have a number of advice books from the 50s (about beauty, home, marriage and manners), inherited from an aunt, and while I'm glad I didn't live then, I find it interesting. I was born in 1964 and remember how my grandmother's house looked when I was a child... and the little neighborhood shop. Then came the big cultural shift of the late 60s and the world changed drastically but I still remember dimly how the world looked before. The Housewives Tarot gives an ironical, penetrating view of this world.

it's definitely a cool deck, and I like that.

Rhinemaiden

If you're watching "The Astronauts Wives Club" mini-series on telly, the Housewives Tarot fits the period.

I have this deck and love it, while I don't use it daily, it's a cherished part of my tarot collection. Deck is well thought out, the packaging is superb, a delightful presentation. (I have the Zombie tarot also, but prefer the Housewives.)

For more on this deck, and sample readings, go here:

http://www.housewivestarot.com/

AnemoneRosie

I got this deck in a swap recently. Because I didn't see how it was originally packed I cannot manage to get it all to fit nicely back in the box!
If you have this deck can you take a picture of how it goes back together for me please? I want to use it but fighting the cards to make it all fit is prohibitive.

AnemoneRosie

Thanks so much!
I'm starting to get into this deck - I did an interview with it today.

Disa

I love what you said about this deck, Nemia. I agree with the quick, sharp messages related to family, home, and relationship issues. I keep this deck sitting out on the dining room buffet at all times for just this purpose. My house was built in 1953, and while it's isn't necessarily decorated in a 1950's style, I feel the deck is right at home in the dining room- always at the ready.